PDA

View Full Version : Solid axel swap in progress

dstruction
01/09/2005, 07:39 PM
hey everyone. i am in the process of my solid axel conversion and should be finished in the next few weeks granted no mayjor problems. I need some help finding rear ring/pinion gears. I am running a chevy half ton front end so gears are easy to find. any help would be great.

Triathlete
01/09/2005, 09:21 PM
Be sure to take lots of pics and maybe a how-to! Hope your doing a 4 link to match the rear. I just don't think leafs would look right.

StinkBug
01/11/2005, 12:23 AM
You only have a couple chices on gears for the 12 bolt isuzu rear end. The only aftermarket gears are teras 5.38s. You may have a lot better luck regearing the front axle to match the rear.

Dallas

dstruction
01/29/2005, 03:38 PM
For the front i am using a 4 link, but with slam specialties air ride bags. I have a full air ride system front and rear going on w/a 16 switch pannel box so it will dance. The drive height should be about 4 inches higher than it is now and I'll be able to set it down on the tires. I want to regear the rear end, the match the chevy front(gears are everywere fore the chevys)
Dustin

MrCrowley
01/31/2005, 10:11 AM
Depending on whats available, you might be better to swap the rear to a heavy duty unit also, and be able to have more gear choices. This will definitely make the cost rise. It would sure be better than doing a bigger rear after you bought a bunch of stuff for the stock rear though. Good Luck!