PDA

View Full Version : Splash the windshield

WyrreJ
03/02/2003, 09:45 AM
Anyone else notice that when you drive through a puddle of water at even a moderate rate of speed that the front wheels splash all over the windshield?

This is the first vehicle that I've driven that ever did anything like that and I'm still not sure how it works, but I sure do get a ton of water splashed up and it looks like it is coming up over the front of the vehicle.

Is there something easy I can do to reduce the amount of water splashing up? (Besides avoiding puddles that is)

SPAZZ
03/02/2003, 10:37 AM
Don't know what to tell you other than "ENJOY IT"!!!!

Moncha
03/02/2003, 10:48 AM
This is attributed to the very short front end of the VX, The front wheels have been pushed to the very corners. Some of the other vehicles that I have seen with short fronts have a sort of reversed mud flap on the front edge of the wheel well to divert the water..

JRB
03/02/2003, 09:17 PM
I noticed this as well but I love it! I look for deep puddles to bomb through so I can get a good soaking. It can be a pain after a I've just washed it but otherwise, it's like a flume ride at an amusement park. :D

TDAWG
03/03/2003, 09:17 AM
I have to admit that when I 1st did in a hugh puddle it scared the bejesus out of me. Then I got use to having the wipers going right before I'd hit the puddle. Now it's become a habit LOL:bwgy: My duagther and Niece love when I do it they start looking for puddles while I'm driving just to see myVX splash. Since most of the backroads here in RI are never busy it's safe to do. I'll try to take some pics next time I go out Splashing.