PDA

View Full Version : BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO

shoota77
01/09/2005, 04:33 AM
It's time to get new tires after I got a hole in the sidewall of the old Duelers (blessing in disguise). Anyone have these tires in LT285/65R18? If so, can you give me some feedback? If not, does anyone think these will fit with some trimming? Thanks!

Heraclid
01/09/2005, 10:15 AM
I don't have those (I do have the BFG Mud Terrains), but I can tell you that I've heard a lot of good things about the BFG All-Terrains. Recently someone on this board referred to them as "the best truck tires ever made". I have looked at their comparative ratings for tread wear, noise, and on-and-off-road performance on multiple websites and found them to be a superior tire. I believe their construction is also superior. Personally I love my BFG Mud Terrains, but I've done the research and the All Terrains will be my next tires. They will be enough for my off-road needs and give me more performance on the street. The Mud Terrains make the ride a bit sloppy (doesn't feel quite as glued to the road as I'd like) at highway speeds in certain situations, but the All Terrains put more rubber on the pavement and are supposed to be very well-mannered on the road. I will say this for the Mud Terrains though - I believe I was rather aggressive on the twisty KART track at the ERS rally sprints (pics at planetarydomination.com/rally.htm), and the tires were chirping like crazy, but after a few runs on it, they never came unglued. I don't think I should have been able to get away with how I was driving in what I was driving on what I was driving on with anything but a good track tire, but I did. :-)

Triathlete
01/09/2005, 11:31 AM
I have been running the AT's for a little over a year now. They have worked well on road, in snow, and off road. The trails around here are rocky. The only complaints I have had is they chunk easily.
http://pstr-d02.ygpweb.aol.com/data/00C/78/8E/43/47/d9pgeuxddzd+Qoot3J1s7PX6pCrvBWeB0300.jpg

Heraclid
01/09/2005, 11:57 AM
Geez, you're killing 'em! :-) If yours have been through what it looks like they've been through and you haven't been forced to trash 'em yet, I like 'em even more now. Have you had ever had to patch any punctures or popped a bead (assuming they hadn't been aired down)? For what it's worth, from what I've seen it appears that the popular Yokohamas are less durable than the BFG's (in terms of the M/T's anyway).

Triathlete
01/09/2005, 04:42 PM
Never had any punctures or bead blow. The lowest I have run them is 15 psi on the trail. They've been through quite a bit. They were worth every bit of the $50 each, mounted and balanced that I paid for them! ;Dr;

Heraclid
01/09/2005, 05:14 PM
Then I'm quite impressed! And how'd ya get them for $50 a pop? Would love to get a deal like that! :-)

Triathlete
01/09/2005, 09:26 PM
Got a freind who manages a discount tire. He gets a free pair each year. They had 2000 miles on them on one of his "driven" show vehicles.

Doc4h
01/10/2005, 08:25 AM
I just got these at BJ's mounted and balenced for about $150.00 ea. Costco is about the same. I have 275/70R16 mounted on a 16" x 8" rim had to trim a bit for front tiers. I had Interco TrXus MT's (same size) but I always had a bit of vibration from them, not so with BFG's. Also the BFG's have much better road hadeling and grip way better in the rain. I am waiting to get them offroad and in the snow since they are snow rated now. There is also less tire roll in the corners. So I say stop waiting and go pick some up. ;Dy;

shoota77
01/11/2005, 06:42 AM
Thanks for all the input! I ended up getting a hole in the sidewall of one of my tires so in the interest of saving time and not driving around on the doughnut for too long I got a set of the Yokohama Geolanders. Maybe the next set will be the BFGs...