PDA

View Full Version : Az. W.E. Rocks meet

Triathlete
01/08/2005, 08:12 PM
All right...here we go again!The World Extreme Rock Crawling Championship Series ( W.E. Rocks (http://www.we-rock.cc/) ) is holding an event in Florence Arizona. I don't know exactly where yet but I thought that would be a kick @$$ place to get together. It is on Feb. 11, 12, 13. I figure we could pick one day and go up and check it out.
If anyone is interested lets figure out which day is best. I'm thinking Sat. the 12th. That way it won't get us in the dog house with the ladies...you know, that Valentines dinner thing!
What do you all think?
Any out of staters who want to join in, your more than welcome to join us!
So whos in? :bomb:

CherieLynn
01/08/2005, 08:47 PM
:clap: :dance: hell yeah i'm interested i'd love to go.i'd be coming from cali and thats no big deal though.

Triathlete
01/09/2005, 11:33 AM
Excelent!!!! As I get more info I will post it. If you need any assistance with lodging or other info on the area let me know!

Todd Adams
01/10/2005, 09:44 AM
We may be there but without the VX.
Todd

Triathlete
01/10/2005, 09:50 AM
Todd,
You will definately have a VXer cheering section! :group:

VCAMILO
01/10/2005, 10:25 AM
You know me... I'll be in for this one also unless Im out of town. Hey Billy! Did you know that I have not had my VX for 7 weeks? ;wtf; I was going a little too fast in a ravine late at night and hit a large rock with my rear driverside tire. It cut the rim and tire. The axle was bent and the TOD stopped working. Major work! So, the dealer is paying for some and Im paying for the other. All I know is that they are repairing the entire rear differential, front gears, Trans fluid and rear fluid, etc... :frownp: I think I should be getting it back by friday...

Triathlete
01/10/2005, 10:36 AM
7 weeks? ;wtf; That sucks! You had breifly mentioned that you did some high speed damage but didn't give the details. :smack: Thats why I stick to crawl'in speed on the trail! :rotate:

Triathlete
01/17/2005, 10:18 AM
The location has been changed to Globe according to their web site. The event start time is 10:00AM. Globe is about 2.5 hours north of Tucson and 1.5-2 hours east of Phoenix. The exact location has not been released yet however it is on "private" land. Camping is available in the area for anyone interested in that. More info as it comes!

VXCAVER? Pageing VXCAVER...you coming?
May be able to do Hackberry Creek trail if time permits!

VXcaver
01/17/2005, 06:14 PM
Hi Billy- Yep, I expect I'll be attending. That's the weekend the Tubac Festival comes to town, and I can't get even in or out of my home. Grrr.... so a trip to Globe sounds like the ticket. I'll probably even grab a campsite somewhere and stay over to do some hiking on Sunday.

Victor, did you get your truck back?

StinkBug
01/17/2005, 08:29 PM
I'll be there, most likely working for team RedBull. I wont have my Isuzu with me, but I'll keep my eyes open for you guys.

Dallas

Triathlete
01/18/2005, 07:20 AM
Will be good to see/meet you there Dallas. We will definately be cheering you and Todd on.
Bob, if time permits maybe we can hit Hackberry Creek since you missed it last time. There is some good camping out there!

jayfotos
01/18/2005, 01:12 PM
I think I'm going....

Triathlete
01/24/2005, 09:21 AM
Jeff...Jeff...Jeff...Jeff...? Where are you? You going to make it?

TucsonVX
01/24/2005, 01:53 PM
Sounds like another good trip, Billy I will make plans to attend.

Jeff

VCAMILO
01/24/2005, 02:54 PM
The dealer called me today... I should have my VX back tomorrow. WHOOHOOO! Almost 2 months for the VX being at the dealer.

Triathlete
01/25/2005, 07:39 AM
Glad to hear that Victor. Hopefully they did it right the first time so you will be able to enjoy it again!

Triathlete
01/26/2005, 07:47 AM
Here is some more info on the competition from another site...

"Lil Rich posted this over on Pirate-
OK fella's here is some quick info for the Arizona W.E.ROCK Event.

I am in Phoenix right now and just got back from the event site.

We will be having the following:
Friday night:
Tech and registration
Spotter Competition
Parade
Live band and Beer Garden

Saturday night:
Some really special things that I can't talk about yet, but it could push
this event into a whole new realm
Plus a Live Band
Beer Garden/PARTY!!!
Fireworks

the event will go from Saturday and Sunday just like any other event
we've held.

The event site is not only in Globe, but also 1/2 mile away from
downtown and sits directly behind a Movie theater. There will be onsite
camping allowed, and a huge area for the spectator parking.

All women will get $5 off admission due to Valentine's Weekend.
We currently have 35 registered competitors on our list over 3 classes.

Rhino Off-Road will be engaging in A Celebrity Challenge which will
consist of Jim Ryan of Dirt Sports, Laurie of XOM (no you don't know
about this yet laurie, lol), and maybe one other editor from a Primedia
Magazine.

And finally:
Sorry for the late delay we have been the traveling roadshow for the
past two weeks. Tomorrow we will be heading to Moab to Finalize that
event site.

Oh and event admission:

$15 for a one day adult pass
$20 for a 2 day adult pass (10 per day)
$5 for kids 8-15
Kids 7 and under are FREE!!!
All Women $5 off admission both days!!! Happy Valentines
Tons Of Rooms For Everyone And Their Mother!!!
Thanks for tuning in and hope to see you all in three weeks.

Have a safe trip,

Lil' Ric"

Triathlete
01/26/2005, 07:55 AM
So here is the vital info...

Meet place Just north of the intersection of I-60 and I-77, on I-77 (for those who did Hackberry Creek-the same place)
Time 8:00am
Date Febuary 12 (Saturday) 2005

Plan on going to the comp and then maybe some wheeling for those interested (time permitting) or some dinner.
Anyone from Tucson wanting to caravan up let me know and we can meet up in Tucson at 6:30.
I'm sure Victor (VCAMILO) wouldn't mind some company coming in from Phoenix. If any one is coming from out of state let us know if you need any assistance or directions.
Those planning on attending click on the event attendance thingie HERE (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=175&c=1)

Todd Adams
01/26/2005, 08:29 AM
As much as we would love to do the first WERock event, we just can't fit it in this year. Too many events too little vacation time. Easter Jeep Safari, Moab 'ZuZoo and UROC West Extreme series will be all we can do this year.
Todd

Triathlete
01/26/2005, 11:32 AM
Thats too bad you can't make it Todd. Was looking forward to meeting you and watching you compete. Guess I'll just have to wait till ZuZoo to meet you!

Todd Adams
01/26/2005, 01:04 PM
Thats too bad you can't make it Todd. Was looking forward to meeting you and watching you compete. Guess I'll just have to wait till ZuZoo to meet you!

Looks like you still may have the chance (I thought you were coming to 'ZuZoo for the meet part)

The Schedule right now for, UROC Extreme West, which is our series, to be held in Phoenix August 25-27 (Night Event) good thing we will be out of the heat or at least the sun. If I had to guess this would be on a man made course somewhere near the metro area.

The UROC Pro series will be in Phoenix on May 12-14 so where ever this is being held we will be there in August.
Todd

VCAMILO
01/27/2005, 01:36 PM
Im still coming..... I HAVE A NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY!!!! :) The GF just bought a new 350Z!! WHOOHOO!!! Best of both worlds!!!

Triathlete
01/28/2005, 10:56 AM
Which GF is this? OOPs...hope shes not reading this! ;eekr;

Triathlete
01/28/2005, 11:59 AM
Okay, we are still meeting at I-60/I77 intersection. Here is the event info as put out by the Globe Chamber of Commerce (http://www.globemiamichamber.com/calOfEvents/default.asp?id=8531&page=displayEvent). Ladies get $5 off entry for Valentines!

Triathlete
01/30/2005, 01:59 PM
So who wants to meet up in Tucson and caravan up?

Triathlete
01/30/2005, 06:47 PM
More info on the competition...

February 12th, 2005 Saturday
7:30-8am: Last chance Tech inspection and Check-in @ the competitors parking area. (Late tech is only for those that have pre-registered, NO LATE REGISTRATIONS, call Rich Klein for details)

8am: Start positions posted at Comp site on W.E. ROCK Trailer

9am: Spectators gate opens. Spectator day parking will be at the Globe Drive-In

9am: Driver’s Meeting, W.E. ROCK Trailer at the comp site

10am: Competition begins. Competitors must be staged (see rules)

February 13th, 2005 Sunday
9am: Spectators gate opens.

10am: Competition begins

3pm: Projected end of competition.

Results: Posted within ½ hour of the end of competition.

Awards Ceremony: Within 1 hour after end of competition.

DIRECTIONS:
Highway 60 to Globe, ½ mile north 60, follow signs for parking instructions and directions

ALL dogs must be on leashes, ANYONE with dogs that are aggressive will be asked to leave. Food and drink vendors will be on site. Restrooms will be available.

The list of competitors goes as this:
Tracy Jordan
Don Robbins
Jason Paule
John Hall
Troy Muse
A driver whom wishes to be named later
Shannon Campbell
Bruce Zeller
Mark Berger
Larry Zager
Dustin Webster
Becca Webster
Brian Errea
John Foutz
Scott Ellinger
Hal Frost
Troy McDaniel
Walker Evans
Rick Dermo
Ken Blume
Mark White
Jason Berger
Tony Kasabasich
Robert McKinney
Bob Standage
Team Purple
Cody Waggoner
Dean Bullock
Todd & Jennifer Little
Pete Mazzoni
Brett Epperly
Todd McCullen
Rob Boney
Bob Willis
Dan Patterson
Cathy Crook
Jody Everding

This a partial list, we have recieved many phone calls, but not as many sign up forms. We can take credit card, and we leave this Thursday. If you have not sent in your sign up form, please do so.

Multimediaman
02/02/2005, 06:05 AM
All,

Sorry I cannot attend but, if anyone needs to make a pitstop for soda, beer or a cleanup, Dawn and I would love to have you stop by. We have been homebodys since Dawn was laid off and the new baby and new house are needing much attention. I am also scheduled for Back surgery in March as I have lost all feeling in my legs from a ruptured disk. Whoo things come in waves and wer are riding one now.

Our address is 760 W. Keating Circle Mesa, AZ 85210

You will find it is very close to the 60. Just Mapquest it. Send us an e-mail at multimediaman1@msn.com if you think you are stopping by.

Charles

Triathlete
02/05/2005, 08:28 PM
Charles...hope you have a speedy recovery! There will be many more get togethers for you to make!

Alright! Lets get a count of everyone who IS going to be there!
So far it is:
Triathlete
VXCAVER
VCamilo
TucsonVX
and your name here...come on lets hear from you...only one week left!
Also whos hooking up to caravan?

Triathlete
02/08/2005, 08:45 AM
4 more days...post up if you plan on being there and aren't on the list! Don't miss out, this will be fun. :smack: :dance: :smack: :dance:

Dallas, you still spotting for Red Bull?

VCAMILO
02/08/2005, 04:44 PM
Im still going.... :) Anyone from Phoenix coming?

TucsonVX
02/08/2005, 07:27 PM
Billy

Have to stop in Oracle on the way up, so will meet you in globe at the event.

It going to be a blast :p :flame: :clap: :heart: :heart: :heart: :jump:

Triathlete
02/08/2005, 09:42 PM
Victor, you gotta talk to all those Phoenix VXers and get them to go! They are going to miss all the fun...AGAIN! :rotate:
Come on, the more the merrier!

Todd Adams
02/08/2005, 10:11 PM
Go check out the Maxxis Tires Motorhome and see my friend Creighton King. He should have our 2004 Maxxis Rock Crawling Team Poster that you can get from him. You might be able to talk him out of a Maxxis t-shirt as well. Again sorry we can’t make it. Too many events this year and too little vacation time. But we will be in Phoenix in August for UROC. Oh yea, root for our team members Mike and Troy Bailey. They should be right at the top in Modified Class.
Todd

Triathlete
02/09/2005, 07:56 AM
Will do Todd! Maybe they will be looking for a cool VX to "test" those tires out on...I could definately use a new set! ;Db; I saw them in one of the mags and they look sweet!

Todd Adams
02/09/2005, 11:34 AM
Will do Todd! Maybe they will be looking for a cool VX to "test" those tires out on...I could definately use a new set! ;Db; I saw them in one of the mags and they look sweet!

The Creepy Crawler is not much of an on road tire and the smallest size is 35. But if you are really interested in the best off road tire there is, see me at 'ZuZoo. I am not just saying that because they are my sponsor. Milke and Troy finished 3rd at SuperCrawl and 3rd overall last year in UROC. Our team did not have one tire failure last year. In fact I have a set of used 35's for sale right now.
http://www.maxxis.com/products/automotive/product_detail.asp?id=64

Todd

Triathlete
02/09/2005, 09:50 PM
That new Trepador is sweet! Too bad them or the Creepy Crawlers don't come in a 33. I am going to be getting a set of 33s before ZuZoo.

Todd Adams
02/09/2005, 11:36 PM
That new Trepador is sweet! Too bad them or the Creepy Crawlers don't come in a 33. I am going to be getting a set of 33s before ZuZoo.

I have not run them but I have had my hands on the new Trepador. Either you saw it SEMA or a picture from SEMA. There are few of the prototypes out there. There is more tread on the sidewall than most tires have altogether. I am constantly amazed at the traction we get with the sidewall of our Creepy Crawlers. They almost defy gravity. Then I give Linda the wrong instructions and...

We were out in the mud and snow with the Jeep the other day and the Creepy Crawlers were like having chains on. They are by far the best tire I have ever seen in the mud.

OK for your VX I would recommend the BFG KO in the 16". I got 60,000 miles on a set.

VCAMILO
02/10/2005, 10:53 AM
Im not sure if I will be camping... Are you guys camping out? The likely hood of that would be 20-30%. But I will be bringing my 3 month old puppy. Is that a good idea? See you guys at the same spot. Lets make it the Gas Station on the 60 just west of the 177 or is that I-77?

Triathlete
02/10/2005, 09:47 PM
Everyone bring your rain gear! Victor, are you talking about the station where we filled up last time? If so that works for me. I do not plan on camping out, just hanging out Saturday, watching the event and if it ends early enough hit a trail. If it ends late maybe get some dinner!

Todd, I have the AT KOs now. I have been pretty happy with them but the trails around here are real rocky. The tires have chunked pretty badly. The tires I am going to get are going to be strictly for off road so I'm not to concerned about noise or road. The only road they will see is driving to the trail. I've been thinking about the Goodyear MTRs. Was thinking about Swamper TSLs but don't like how heavy they are.

Todd Adams
02/10/2005, 11:44 PM
Todd, I have the AT KOs now. I have been pretty happy with them but the trails around here are real rocky. The tires have chunked pretty badly. The tires I am going to get are going to be strictly for off road so I'm not to concerned about noise or road. The only road they will see is driving to the trail. I've been thinking about the Goodyear MTRs. Was thinking about Swamper TSLs but don't like how heavy they are.

Go with the MTR's. Too bad Maxxis does not make a 33 Creepy Crawler they don't chunk out. And the 35's are a true 35" same as most 37". The first set I got were the 14.5 x 37's they were huge!

VCAMILO
02/11/2005, 12:09 PM
Will they still have the event with all this rain? Will the tires grip the rocks with all that rain? :confused:

Moncha
02/12/2005, 12:12 PM
Category added in the GALLERY (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/3113)

Triathlete
02/13/2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks Moncha! Unfortunately no VX pics. The weather did not cooperate. # VXers and 1 GF braved the wet Arizona liquid sunshine...Me (Triathlete), Jeff (TucsonVX) and Victor (VCAMILO) and his GF. The competition action was pretty cool and mede even more dificult by the rain. Jeff and Victor left a little early and missed the carnage on obstacle C5! ROLL OVERS! :smack:
Here are a few comp pics...
http://pstr-m02.ygpweb.aol.com/data/012/77/96/F4/E6/9g2JnBoYKdxsyiOsiBG4KyJvmjUafQxC0300.jpg

Some of the courses...
http://pstr-m02.ygpweb.aol.com/data/01A/14/47/43/43/SefvLmTGyAbqxxZDEISvhT-81EAyQ7lK0300.jpg

http://pstr-m01.ygpweb.aol.com/data/012/6C/98/8C/07/cazTEqQoxJ5eg7-l2JJG6AaimeO7Z7Gl0300.jpg

http://pstr-m03.ygpweb.aol.com/data/01E/1E/DB/29/75/3+rg5Fkl4xngR4T-MKBY-7FdQW2zBbj40300.jpg

Carnage on C5...
http://pstr-d01.ygpweb.aol.com/data/019/7D/51/0B/C4/iFM2pk4FMprJfzP-D8MwQBB1Ymt+qIQq0300.jpg

http://pstr-m01.ygpweb.aol.com/data/028/5F/DB/B1/C3/wkBfbgjBHsUVl1tENao3qEV-8B4dqR1t0300.jpg

Triathlete
02/13/2005, 02:56 PM
Up close and personal...
http://pstr-m01.ygpweb.aol.com/data/021/38/24/BC/E8/DBKLQfqUwPC1PlxZOGWrVHFFznc3jG4X0300.jpg

http://pstr-d02.ygpweb.aol.com/data/016/50/64/0F/46/IEc6mBIWlGpBrRLaIUTnLIVP74XsFknm0300.jpg

And then more carnage...
http://pstr-m03.ygpweb.aol.com/data/011/15/4C/FE/F8/Mp8KoYQCQuJxfERpa1qzE4Roj+jC8T-P0300.jpg

http://pstr-d01.ygpweb.aol.com/data/016/3A/BD/41/61/R2o7MMfhjVuRAXEw85ZRHsWsC7gKsHUD0300.jpg

Team Maxxis up close...
http://pstr-m01.ygpweb.aol.com/data/028/74/63/A7/D3/5CgkAkzFfjMBKKMNQbZ1jQk6hik11U8D0300.jpg

Rhino lighting up the tires...
http://pstr-m01.ygpweb.aol.com/data/02E/69/9D/99/23/wu6zMkZkPA9T8AlmVwrbmQW9jo-iawxM0300.jpg

Triathlete
02/13/2005, 07:12 PM
Here is a link to the Pirate 4X (http://www.pirate4x4.com/trailreports/weroc_globe05/index.html) article, results and lots of cool pics from the event if anyone is interested.

Triathlete
02/15/2005, 12:24 PM
So Victor, What exactly did you win for coming the farthest? :rollr:
Good thing you still have that Chi Town drivers lisence!
How'd the skiing go? No broken bones?

VCAMILO
02/17/2005, 09:02 AM
No broken bones and a goo day skiing. I would have stayed back but Sara was getting cold. She did make a huge effort to come out and hang out so we left around 1pm. I didnt win anything after all. Some dude from Michigan took the price. :mad:

So, when is the next meet? You know Im good!