PDA

View Full Version : DEER God! (caution, contains gore)

WormGod
01/08/2005, 12:19 PM
Appears pretty fake to me, but you just never know. ANother reason to be careful when driving. Deer crossings can be pretty serious.

Like I said, gore sighting in link.... http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=777869

Heraclid
01/08/2005, 12:47 PM
Don't know what the friggin' problem is, but this new format is driving me up the wall. Can't stand NASIOC.com either (does the same thing). Have no clue why. Took me a dozen times logging in (and then being thanked for logging in and then being told I'm actually not again and all the while "Who's Online" shows that I am but I'm really not because I can't actually DO anything) before it "clicked" and let me post a reply. Not really worth it just to say that pic is somewhere waaaaay up there on the fake-o-meter.

StormTROOPER
01/08/2005, 01:48 PM
Oh deer is right, that suv didn't hold up very well. I had a close call once when a deer jumped right over my hood (of a car) and his hoofs just clipped the top of my driver side windshield, I was going about 35 mph so hopefully the deer wasn't injured too badly since he ran off.

azskyrider
01/08/2005, 02:06 PM
The damage and accident is actually not that bad compared to what a deer would do to a vehicle if it was hit head on. This photo the deer was clipped. The most dangerous accidents are with Cows and ELK that usually result with fatal consequences on the driver and passengers.

I think the blood and guts of the small deer made it look more freaky than what it really is.

Safe driving,

99vcross
01/27/2005, 10:18 AM
Well I can tell you from expierence, the vehicross holds up pretty well to deer, I just got mine back out of the shop, I hit a deer 3 days after I bought it, everthing looked great on it,no one could even tell it was wrecked, but it did damage to the support behind the moldings, it only costed 6,500 to get it fixed :eek:

Raque Thomas
01/27/2005, 10:39 AM
Maybe I'm easy - but that doesn't look fake to me - pretty detailed with th blood running down the back of the front seat and the body organ laying in the back! Yuuuuuuuck! Sure would have hated to have been sitting in the driver's seat if it is real!!!

Dallas4u
01/27/2005, 11:47 AM
The, um, deer pieces look real (from afar), but... someone on that thread brought up the fact that there was blood on the backs of the seats, which seems a little strange. Oh, and the blood... anyone think it looks a bit fake? I mean, I can't say I've seen a lot of deer blood in my life, or even buckets of human blood all over the place... but the blood I have seen (mine and others) is pretty thick and dark when coming from a deep wound, but I wouldn't think it would be that (in the pictures) bright red when splattered all over the place.

Also, you would think the driver would be in some serious hurt considering the hole that thing made.

mbeach
01/27/2005, 12:20 PM
I worked a part-time gig at an Avis Rental Car place in Fairbanks Alaska a few years ago.
Every now and again a car would come in that had hit a moose -this almost always results in the death of the driver.

Anyways, a Camry came in one day. Damage:
-Shattered Windshield, and A-pillars were bent back to horizontal.
-Roof was cut off (extracation of passengers), but it had already been flattened to the level of the door handles.
-The seat backs of both front seats were broken in half and folded over the bottom of the back seats.
-The car looked as if it had been drenched in blood and fur.
Both front seat occupants were immediately killed when 1500 lbs. of meat came crashing through their windshield (moose are tall, and when struck their legs buckle and the body hits the car up high).

Probably the nastiest car that I've ever seen. I dunno why they brought it back to Avis -I certainly wasn't going to clean it.

StormTROOPER
01/27/2005, 12:30 PM
Definetely looks real to me, why would someone fake something that is so COMMON, now if it was a big, harry, manlike creature I'd be suspicious. :p

Ldub
01/27/2005, 12:41 PM
I wonder if that overhead console could be bastardized onto my VX???Hmmm :p

Moncha
01/27/2005, 12:48 PM
Thank you so much for NOT leaching the pics and posting them.

Raque Thomas
01/27/2005, 12:50 PM
I wonder if that overhead console could be bastardized onto my VX???Hmmm :p
Sure can - check my gallery. that's a Trailblazer/Envoy console with sunglass holder, digital voice recorder and Homelink garage door opener.

BBVX
01/27/2005, 05:53 PM
That struck me as odd, no pun intended. Did the driver duck?? Why is there blood on the front of the driver seat? Wouldn't the driver have blocked it??

Brian

Moncha
01/27/2005, 06:19 PM
There's so much blood coming from every major artery being torn apart, it would be really tough keeping it off of any surface. I've seen humans do almost the same thing before.

V12BMW
01/28/2005, 12:53 AM
Holy ****, man that some crazy stuff wait till i show my girlfriend! I'm a hunter and I have see the insides of deer and those organs look simalar to what I find when feild drenssing/gutting the animal. I dont think its fake at all I'm sure you all have been driving before and have seen where a deer got hit and the blood trail takes up like 3 lanes and is 40 ft long all that blood in the car doesnt suprise me one bit. the deer must have hit just right. well at least the deer didnt feel anything. geez thats some crazy stuff

Beavertractors
01/28/2005, 01:54 AM
I live in the Deer capital of the world (NY subburbs) The last one I hit was at 60+ on a back road.I was driving my 89 pathfinder with a home made push bar,1/4 steel and 3"gas pipe for tubes.. The deer exploded,The biggest pieces were the head and legs(not connected) The only damage I had was a turn singal lens and a bent fender.The worst part was getting all the parts off the road.That was about 2 years ago,I stll drive that stretch of road every day at the fastest 35-40 mph and my eyes peeled. In a normal day I see from 3-10 deer a day and 4-5 dead ones in my travels.

jim.LR>AR
01/28/2005, 07:03 AM
crazy I looked at the pic and the first thing was I want dibs on the overhead console.ldub great minds think alike.

VehiGAZ
01/28/2005, 08:19 AM
I'm pretty sure it's not fake... I've seen two other picture series of high-speed car-deer accidents, and they both looked a lot like this.... firehose blood! Anyway, Beavertractors speeks the truth... The wife and I were driving the Hutch in Westchester County one Saturday afternoon when a deer bounded over the divider, landed in our lane, then leapt again and off the road... right in front of a Beemer in the slow lane. No one had any time to react - the deer was gone before my foot got to the brake pedal. But it FREAKED us out, because we were cruising at 65 or 70, and the accident would have been UGLY in my Prelude.