PDA

View Full Version : i need a job.....

Maverick
01/04/2005, 02:04 PM
to upset to get into any detail at the moment, but as of a few minutes ago i am now unemployed. its so wrong it isnt even funny.

anyone need a top level security manager with extensive experience in internal investigation, both retail and private security management, executive protection, and the ability to build class A security teams that outperform presidential protection details?

email me with leads if you happen to have any, ill be smashing my head into the wall repeatedly for awhile though, so i might not immediatly reply...

driver3
01/05/2005, 06:02 AM
I checked the boards at my place... only entry level security officer jobs, you're probably not interested. Also, they are in Cleveland....

Maverick
01/05/2005, 06:38 AM
the effort is very much appreciated, thanks for checking..

i can relocate just about anywhere for the right opportunity, it would present a few problems , but nothing i couldnt overcome...

thanks again...

Bantan
01/05/2005, 08:21 AM
Hey Maverick,
I'm in the same boat, again.
I try to look at the bright side of things. Since Leaving TSA, Homeland Security, I've was able to go to my first Florida Meet.
How bout we have a first ever Unemployed VX owner Meet?

BigJoe
01/05/2005, 08:51 AM
We have a number of jobs listed on our site, unfortunately, none in Florida......

here's the url:

http://jobs.saic.com/ajobbext3.nsf/category?OpenView&Start=1&Count=100&Collapse=8.5#8.5

If you see something interesting, send me your resume. I can't make any promisses that my recommendation will help (I'll only be here for the next month).

Joe

VCrossfan
01/05/2005, 11:10 AM
Well I see I'm not alone. I worked for EMI Music(Capital Records) here in Jacksonville in the Engineering/Technician Dept for 17 years. Then June 04 they shut production down and 400+ jobs lost (they gave us a 2 month notice). The plants been here since the mid 60's it was a big hit to our 20k population town. But they gave us a killer severance package and also they'll pay for any schooling (within reason) and the fed kicked in with and extra 1 1/2 year of unemployment (you have to be in a school program) after the first 6 months is out. So yes I'm back to school and really like it. So with severance and unemployment coming in at the same time it's cool, but I'm trying to be money smart,living on the unemployment and dropping the severance in savings. But being 43 and hitting the job market might be tough, but thinking positive and making contacts everything will workout. But if I have to there might be a vcross for sale. ;puke2; But that makes me look even harder for a good job ! ! ! cya's

V-Twin hiCROSS
01/05/2005, 11:25 AM
Hey Big Joe,
I went to the website and saw that there were several jobs posted in my area. What can you tell me about the company? Are they good people to work for? Decent benefits and salaries? Any information might help.

Thanks,
Neal

BigJoe
01/05/2005, 12:13 PM
It's a good company to work for. There are about 40,000 employees world wide. Many of the employees and contractors work at customer sites (Pentagon, Military bases and Defense contractors etc). The pay and benefit's are ok, but I think they are higher for people with clearance. The company is employee owned (although I think we have little say) and I think they eventually want to take it public.

company overview:

http://www.saic.com/about/overview.html

Joe

Green Dragon
01/05/2005, 02:30 PM
Monster.com has 13 security jobs listed but only a couple of management type including a good one in GA if you have clearance.

Bob F

Maverick
01/06/2005, 05:05 AM
Bantan-Im all for meeting up someplace for a mini meet..in fact, the weekend of jan 15th/16th im hosting a "wrench day" at my home in PSL. a couple of guys are on the list so far to show up, well be working on some old porsche cars (probably doing a 944 clutch) but your more than welcome to come by if you want, i probably about an hour and a half north of you (exit 121 on I-95) .. if not perhaps we can meet up someplace in the middle...pm or email me and we get the details worked out, be cool to hang with a fellow vx owner..

Bigjoe- thanks for posting those jobs, i couldnt find anything that suits my past experience, but ill keep an out for new postings there, never know..its very much appreciated..

I dont have a government clearance, never needed one before. unfortunately i havent many licences that are current, as "management" is normally exempt from these requirements, so there wasnt a need to aquire them. im sure i could pass just about any criteria to obtain them though if need be. ive passed independant background checks that exceeeded high level government background investigations with flying colors as recently as 3 years ago, so im not worried about that..
im already on moster, and have checked some specialty site in my field, not much out there at the moment, this is a bad time of year to find a job generally, especially in my area of expertise..

Bantan
01/13/2005, 12:34 AM
Hey Maverick, I maybe visiting my cousin in Ft Pierce (exit 131), sometime soon, I will let you know when I confirm the date. BTW I've got an interview in Boca later today, kinda far from me but "beggers can't be choosers". :sighg:

Maverick
01/13/2005, 07:16 AM
Hey Maverick, I maybe visiting my cousin in Ft Pierce (exit 131), sometime soon, I will let you know when I confirm the date. BTW I've got an interview in Boca later today, kinda far from me but "beggers can't be choosers". :sighg:

Cool!! best of luck withthe interview!! just drop me a note when youll be by this way, ill be here for most of the next few weeks working on the cars and fixing the house.. the upside of being unemployyed is you get to catch up with all those projects youve been trying to get done.. i actually connected and wired up my fog lites the other day , 8 months to get fog lights working, has to be a record in "slow" :D
im starting the wiring for the overhead console project today, cant wait to get it in and working so i can watch that little green compass display flip between directions as i do donuts in the nearest parking lot.. :clap:

Bantan
01/13/2005, 10:49 PM
I hate to admit it but, being unemployed is fun. I dread going back to work.

Maverick
01/14/2005, 04:39 AM
iwent from total fast forward, working 8-14 hours a day, with one day off every two weeks or so, plus commuting 120 miles each day, too, well ..not.. and its hard to adjust to that for me. so over past few weeks ive completely renovated a 928 interior (just sold the car, guys comming to pick it up in a few day, sad about it, but need the cash) , took a trip to my sisters house in Virginia, completed a bunch of other small projects at home, and still have several more to do..so im still "working " the same hours, only on my own stuff. though i will admit im working my sleep time up a little from an average of four hours, to almost six, and i actually feel a lot better...
im just trying to get all that stuff i havent had time for done, including some VX lighting upgrades (see recent post.) i figure i have a ay or two more to finish my overhead console project for the VX, and wire up a glove box light, some courtesy lights, and the rear dome i have.. then i have my 924 turbocharger replacement project to get done, and some hurricane repairs on the house..no shortage of things to do..
Im starting to get some response to the resumes ive put out as well , ive beensending them to who ever i think might even remotely be interested. not aloot of responses yet, but only one "no thanks" (they want someone local to them, job was way up in new england someplace)so far, and ive got a prelim interview lined up for next week, and a about a dozen "were reviewing your resume" notices...
my headhunter told me i was "a victim of my own sucess " as my expierience demands an unusually high pay scale .. i thought it pretty funny and told her id certainly consider a lower a range so long as theres an opportunity to advance later on..she says "no, you dont understand, your qualifications exceed that of most of the people doing the hiring , their afraid if they had you onboard youd make them look bad ".. oye, doesnt that suck?? :madg2: :deadg:

it is kind of nice to be able to get some of the stuff ive been wanting to do done though...but i like to work, and hope to get paid again for it soon...

carlymac
01/14/2005, 07:41 AM
Maverick, any intrest in a police job? I work for the Sumner County Sheriff's office in Gallatin,TN they just built a HUGE jail and are now staffing it. This job usually leads to a road officer or warrant officers job in a year or two. I've worked here for 5+ years and the admin. are good to work for. If your interested give me a shout. When the economy sucks they lay off everybody but police officers.

Maverick
01/14/2005, 07:58 AM
Maverick, any intrest in a police job? I work for the Sumner County Sheriff's office in Gallatin,TN they just built a HUGE jail and are now staffing it. This job usually leads to a road officer or warrant officers job in a year or two. I've worked here for 5+ years and the admin. are good to work for. If your interested give me a shout. When the economy sucks they lay off everybody but police officers.

Man, i dunno.. im kind of keeping that option as a last resort..i started my Career as a Corrections officer down in the everglades and swore id never go back to it (helping to quell five or more riots does things to a person.) private sector security pays so much better, and though it can be very stressful, its in a much different way. ofcourse thats only if you can find a job.. but i certainly appreciate the lead, and will keep it in mind. if things get "ugly" financially, itll certainly be an option... and again, the lead is greatly appreciated,
thanks man!!