PDA

View Full Version : New years outage coming

Moncha
12/30/2004, 07:42 PM
This is the big weekend! After a minor problem over the Christmas weekend, I'm ready to do the upgrade of the site. VX.info will be down starting the evening of Dec. 31, and may be down for a couple of days. I'm hoping that will not be the case as I've rehearsed the upgrades several times to eliminate problems but, as soon as you think all is cool, it ain't. When back open, I'll post a list of changes and additional features that I beleive will make your experience much better.

Thank you so much for your patience and keep your fingers crossed that all works well.

Cyrk
12/30/2004, 10:50 PM
Cool and good luck Scott... thanks for all that you do.
Everyone have a happy and safe New Years!

-Dave

VCrossfan
12/30/2004, 11:03 PM
Sounds like a plan. :clap: Thanks for all your hard work, and everyone have a GREAT New Year. ;party:

crager34
12/31/2004, 04:23 AM
HURRY UP DANGIT!! So tired of this POS website.....blah blah blah...... PSYCH!! KIDDING!! Thanks for all your hard work for all of us. Hope the transition is smooth.

Maugan_VX
12/31/2004, 06:38 AM
at least you don't have to worry about the phpBB worm like all the other idiots that I have to share a host with.

God that was a nightmare.

Good luck.

Dallas4u
12/31/2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Maugan_VX
at least you don't have to worry about the phpBB worm like all the other idiots that I have to share a host with.

God that was a nightmare.

Good luck.

DOes Tad host your page? ;)

Nazrat
12/31/2004, 09:27 AM
Oh that's funny.

No I don't host his site. Besides, with security setup properly he wouldn't have been affected on a shared hosting server when others on that server were attacked.

Keep up the good work Scott!

-Tad

nyc #1 ironman
12/31/2004, 09:42 AM
Scott,
Should we post on CLUBVMAG if V-ifno does shut down for a few days?

Moncha
12/31/2004, 11:12 AM
Of course, you can always post to the Vmag. I'll be on there to keep everyone up to date. I'm not expecting any problems and have all the hacks worked out but, you know Murphy's Law. I will be doing a complete off site backup prior to any mods rather han an incremental so, I foresee that as the biggest delay there's almost 1.5GB of photos alone.

I figured this would be a good weekend as everyone would be doing the party thing anyway.

Maugan_VX
12/31/2004, 02:24 PM
heh

No Tad does not host my website, Tad gets his hosting from someone other than Tad. Tad has to share space with someone other than Tad.

:D

Spike
12/31/2004, 03:42 PM
That's a good, safe way to keep you off the streets for new year's eve!