PDA

View Full Version : Radio Installation - Wiring Harness

-x-
02/28/2003, 10:39 AM
Just seekin a bit more clarification as to which wiring harness (model/year) to attain to install an aftermarket deck.... rodeo/passport - trooper? Im as confused :confused: as the people lookin at my vx trying to figure out what it is ....thanx in advance for any/all info....x

SU-Vehi
02/28/2003, 10:49 AM
You would want to use one of the following brands:

Metra = 70-7712

or

Scosche = IU02

-x-
02/28/2003, 11:47 AM
....wal-mart here i come, any tips/info for removing tha cover/radio?

Triathlete
03/01/2003, 09:39 AM
I don't remember how many screws are in the dash trim but they are all easily seen and removed. Then the trim just pops out. Very easy to do. Just be careful with the main trim peice as there are wires connected to it on the right side. They don't need to be removed but are short. You can rotate this peice out of the way without disconnecting the wires. Good luck!
And if that don't work...get a bigger hammer:smack:

-x-
03/10/2003, 05:06 PM
Just wanted to say thanx again to everyone i must admit i was a bit intimidated :mbrasd: but after rippin a few things out i knew i would emerge victorious :dance: so enjoy some pix while i enjoy ma sounds....x

IsuZOOM
04/27/2003, 08:25 PM
I went in on an exploratory mission tonight for my eventual stereo replacement / LCD monitor install / switch additions.

I got the dash off easy enough, but couldn't even begin to rotate it with the wires for the switchs still attached without fear of scratching the whole dash up! Heck, I tried unlatching the shortest wire (which is the alarm LED) and I couldn't even get my fingers to reach it.

Moncha
04/27/2003, 09:04 PM
The alarm wires are very tough they are a round butt connector that have a tab that clicks inside.. Pull gently.... very gently they'll come out a little but not much.. I doubt you have bigger hands than I and I got mine off...
Get a towel out to protect the exposed part of the dash that you are not taking out..

Reg Hinnant
04/28/2003, 06:17 AM
My alarm LED connectors were covered with foam, which was hard to remove. Then I had to make a thin flat wedge on piano wire to slip under the connector square hole & pry up to release the connectors.
My connector harness was a Metra 80-7712 and it worked OK.
I tied the amp turn on to the antenne power lead.