PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Meets

thebear54
12/30/2004, 03:50 AM
As some of you know since buying my VX(Jan.2004) I have been doing the Car Show Circuit here in New England. During the Summer of 2004 I attended six(6) shows; three in VT, one in CT and two in MA plus the VX Meet in Monticello,NY. I was able to bring home three trophies for my VX this year which made me feel pretty damn good since I spent a lot of the winter cleaning & polishing.
I was surprised to find out that hardly anyone had seen a VX before. I never saw another VX until I went to Monticello in December.
I would like to invite a few of my Northern NY, NH, MA and CT forum members to tag along and join me in the summer of 2005 and really blow people away at some of these local shows.
John

BBVX
12/30/2004, 05:35 PM
Count me in!!!;Db;

http://www.jonfund.com/albums/album69/DVC00376.sized.jpg

Brian

Medman
12/30/2004, 07:11 PM
I'm in as well. I am just a few mods away from being "finished" with my masterpiece (for now). Are we still planning a February Foxwoods meet? If so, when and where??!!

UNEVEN THOUGHTS
12/30/2004, 08:17 PM
Me three! My ride should be ready for the meet/show scene by spring.

TDAWG
12/30/2004, 10:26 PM
Hey Bear,
Count me in as well. I noticed that you forgot to metion RI.J/J :laughr: I have 20 trophies since getting my VX. It would be sweet to see more than 1 at a show. If a meet comes up for Mohegan Sun in Feb count me in. Since I did miss last years.

BBVX
12/31/2004, 05:28 AM
Yeah, Vicky and I were thinking about doing Mohegan this year. We liked the atmosphere a little better than Foxwoods.

We'll probably do a long weekend, so we'll get there Wed. or Thurs. and leave Sat night. So hopefully the VX meet will be the grand finale to our anniversary weekend. ;Dr; :mbrasd:

How does Saturday, Feb. 12, 2005 sound?

I'll put up a new topic after WSG finishes his site work after the New year.

Thanks,
Brian

thebear54
12/31/2004, 06:35 AM
Mohegan sounds like a plan.(no slots though:( )
Post it soon as you see fit. It should be about a three hour drive for me.
I will post the rest of the shows as soon as they become available so we can all meet and "razzle/dazzle" them with our VX monsters.
Sorry did not mean to leave any state out. ANY New England, NY, NJ or PA VXer is herby notified of an open invitation to join me for a VX get together. If it's going to be an ALL VX Meet then Iwill supply the "Dash Plaques" like I did for Monticello:D
John

thebear54
12/31/2004, 06:37 AM
BTW---
If anyone happens to come to Manchester,VT for shopping and/or skiing be sure to get in touch with me for a coffee break.:)
John

thebear54
01/03/2005, 05:37 AM
Did anyone else hear about the upcoming "Lake Placid Festival of Cars" show scheduled for May 20-22,2005???
This is a "by invitation only" show for 175 cars. Scheduled to be inside at the old Olympic Center on Main Street in Lake Placid,NY. It should bring out the cream of the crop in all classes. I know my club (VORC) has already filed to put a VX in the show, hopefully it will be approved for display...we'll see what happens! Should know by the end of January.
John

Hanalei
01/05/2005, 06:29 AM
Count me in too. I don't have any mods to my Proton but she's a looker.

Avoid the slots and go for the Texas Hold'em tables. That's my game!!!

thebear54
01/06/2005, 06:29 AM
So far there are three shows listed in the area which I will probably attend:
1. Shelburne,VT 6/3-6/5
2. Rutland,VT 7/9-7/10 (for sure on this one)
3. Lake Placid,NY 5/20-5/22 (still waiting on invitation confirmation)
I'll keep everybody posted on any changes or additions so we can all meet.
John :biggroup:

AlaskaVX
01/06/2005, 02:39 PM
Avoid the slots and go for the Texas Hold'em tables. That's my game!!!

WRONG! Thats MY game!:bwgy: You going to the Vegas meet?

thebear54
01/23/2005, 04:41 AM
I am putting together a list of Car Shows for the Summer of 2005 as we speak. Waiting to hear back on some of them concerning class limitations and/or age cut-offs.
I know we just had a major snow dump here in New England...but think "warm thoughts".
I would love to have some VX company at some of these shows and really freak out the public with our cars. So far I have 11 potential shows to go to between May and September (Not counting the "Mohegan Sun Run" in February...I'll be there!) in NY, CT, MA, NH and VT.
I'll keep everyone posted onthe progress of the list.
John

thebear54
01/26/2005, 04:45 AM
Ok here is the poop on the first show of the season...I know it's early and the snow(BRRR) is still on the ground but.
I have been in contact with the Saratoga Automobile Museum in Saratoga,NY
They are having a spring car show on Saturday MAY 14th at the Saratoga Springs State Park.
They have promised to add a special class(w/trophies) just for the VX cars that show up if we can get a bunch of us together. Dash Plaques and Goodie bags will be given out and registration is $10.00 before May 1st.
Let me know how many of you would be willing to go to this one.
John

thebear54
02/18/2005, 05:02 AM
Yahoo....
Got my invitation...
Looks like the VX is going to be represented at the special Lake Placid Invitational Auto Show in May. The VORC submitted a nomination back in December,2004 and just received the confirmation for the show.
check it out: www.lakeplacidfestivalofcars.com

John :)

Anita
02/18/2005, 08:23 AM
Congratulations! Now to go and make us all proud.

And take lots of pics!

thebear54
02/28/2005, 03:37 AM
Thanks Anita... :)
Took a while to answer this reply, I had to play computer tech the other night,my 'puter decided to blow a power supply and mother board so I was down for six days. Since I live out in the "boonies" Dell Service could not find me so they just sent the parts along for me to play with.
You bet the camera will be put to good use that weekend.Hopefully this will be an awesome meet/show/concours as it is an "invitation only" show.
If anyone from the "neighborhood" wants to come up and check it out or just to say hello it will be at the old Olympic Center right in the heart of Lake Placid, NY. for three days.
John

drdavidr4u
02/28/2005, 03:58 PM
Hey!!!

Is there any interest in another Monticello meet in the spring when we can all have our VX's polished up and clean of road salts??!!!!!!
I'm still tied up doing condo renovations in that area but could afford a 1/2 day break to join you there.

Dave;)

Jolly Roger VX'er
02/28/2005, 04:48 PM
I too would be interested in a Montecello Meet in the spring as I was unavailable for the last one. I have all my vacation & Personal time after the start of the new year and it's a burn'in a hole in my pocket already! ;eekb;

Triathlete
02/28/2005, 09:14 PM
I have all my vacation & Personal time after the start of the new year and it's a burn'in a hole in my pocket already! ;eekb;

One word....

....MOAB! :naughty: :dance:

thebear54
03/01/2005, 05:30 AM
:p Hey Dr. Dave....where you been hiding? George(NYC#1) has been looking for you.
Another "Area 51" sounds good to me :)
I am kind of toying with the idea of holding an ALL VX Meet here in greater downtown Manchester, Vermont around June...getting some activities lined up right now. Maybe a little mountain climbing(VX style), a lunch and a tour through the national forest....or something like that.
Anyone interested in doing that on a Saturday or Sunday? :cool:
John

BBVX
03/01/2005, 05:47 PM
Sounds good to me, as long as we don't have a gig. :)

Thanks,
Brian