PDA

View Full Version : Window fix, one more time

cascabel3
12/28/2004, 03:54 PM
Just read some of the older posts on problems with the windows. Mine had the same, and the fix I did is permanent. I have rolled my windows up and down 1000s of times since the fix, still perfect. The fix is simple, requires a metal drill and screwdriver. I am posting again because you can keep going to your Isuzu dealer and it will never be a permanent fix, unless the motor was shot. What really seems to happen in "binding" is that there is play on the track and the cable rolling the window rail up is balanced too much to the rear, binding the window. This happens after the vertical rail receives some minor wear. It then wears more and more due to the bind-up. Try this, and don't hesitate to call me if you need more help. Ask for number via post. Good luck.

Another window fix. Post# 1
My driver side window had the exact issues described by Moncha and various other members. The window seemed to have a slight forward tilt, and upon closing, would get stuck tilting backwards. I looked at Moncha's fix and followed his advice, but it wasn't enough in my case. The window rail (the center lift where the cable is) appered to have a little play allowing for a slight tilt when going up and down.

My fix was quick and easy, I removed the window and braced it up. I took a drill and bit and started drilling/cutting upwards on the bracket hole on the right side. Be careful not to drill through the door :-)

Upon re-installing the window I made sure that the bracket would now fit as high up in the extended hole as possible, tilting window tight to the left. Tighten down and voila. It goes as smooth as it should be and I can't wait 'till the passenger side starts screwing up.
Pics available upon request.

thebear54
12/30/2004, 03:57 AM
Downloaded your post earlier...going to do this to fix my window problems...as soon as I can get some heat in my garage. Hate to grab a piece of cold steel when it's this cold out there...(it's like putting your tongue on a steel fence post at -20;) it just ain't happening:D Man, do I want to move back to Florida!!!
John

nyc #1 ironman
12/30/2004, 06:36 AM
Is that it??? Is that all we need to know for the window fix? It's so sad that Isuzu once again won't take responsiblity for this flaw that so many ( if not most) of us have had with the windows..

cascabel3
12/30/2004, 08:59 AM
Yes, that is all that there is to it, providing your window issue is such that the window binds up due to tilting; where you put your paws and fingerprints on the window to aid it in going up. This fix WILL take care of it for good ;pp; If you have dremmel bits to grind out the hole it would be even better, and safer. Using a drill to cut upwards on the excisting hole, be sure not to slip and drill through your door :eek:

Consider using a piece of wood on the sharp end.

There are more pics in my gallery as well.

redline
12/30/2004, 10:50 AM
Thanks for this fix .This looks like it will remedy the problem. My passenger window is tilting forward when raised and I have to hold it down in the back to true it.

SoTxVx
12/30/2004, 12:44 PM
I had tried to fix both of my window's binding issue by using the expand the track method and it worked very well but I would still would get the binding every now and then on the drivers side. I did this modification and the windows never even think about moving away from the back track. Used a dremmel tool instead of a drill bit and the dremmel makes it almost too easy. The only thing I am worried about is breaking the tab now that it does not seat flush with the motor arm. But it looks like there is also a fix for when and if that happens.

Great fixes from great folks. Now if I could just get the fix for the Err3 to work ...

VCrossfan
12/30/2004, 01:05 PM
THIS FORUM ROCK'S!!. My pass window started dropping in the front and I used "cascabel3" fix. It works great now, so I did the drivers at the same time,it hasn't fell out of the track yet but the back of the window was starting to pull away slightley. It's been about 2 weeks and no probs at all....Thx Again

cascabel3
12/30/2004, 01:09 PM
Thanks for all your positive feedbacks VXers :thumbup:

Hey johnrspears, what is ERR3 I am curious
:confused: ;eeky;

SoTxVx
12/30/2004, 01:15 PM
Err3 is the code that displays on the radio when the CD changer decides to take possesion of your CDs and not give them back. There are other threads addressing this issue and the factory fix but I have not be able to get my CDs back and it will not play them.

cascabel3
12/30/2004, 01:43 PM
It appears as if a lot of VXs have CD problems. Mine is working well so far, at 57k miles. Based on my readings, I will replace 6 CD changer if it starts with problems. CDs used to get stuck in my other player when they had stickers or labels on them. Good luck with this one. Happy New Year.

marximus
12/30/2004, 11:24 PM
yessssss! i have been having the same window problem for about a month now. its so bad that i cant get the passenger window up without a little help from the hand.
anywho, i was looking at the window and was trying to figure out how to get the door panel off? isnt that what you need to do? help please! thanks!
mark-

kpaske
12/31/2004, 12:17 AM
To get the door panel off, normally you would use a special tool to "pop" the plastic clips that run along the bottom and side edges of the panel. However, you can just as easily take two screwdrivers, or files, or other strong flat tools, held close to either side of the clip and pry them out. They are a little tight the first couple times you do it, but just take your time and carefully pop them all out, then remove the screws that hold the door handle assembly to the door (I think there are two or three screws), and also remove the screw that holds the plastic piece that sits behind the handle that opens the door. The door should lift off the lip that holds it along the top edge. If you've missed a screw or plastic clip it should be fairly obvious at this point.