PDA

View Full Version : Inalfa Sunroof

Hanalei
12/22/2004, 06:27 AM
In the Spring I'm going to take the plunge and get an Inalfa spoiler sunroof installed. I read the threads and it seems like everyone is very happy with their aftermarket choices.

Has anyone had a problem with the sunroof leaking? A while back I had an aftermarket sunroof installed on my Saturn SC1 and had it back to the dealer dozens of times. By the time I sold it, the head liner was totally stained. It was a nightmare. I guess I have a bad taste in my mouth and I'm afraid the same thing might happen to my beloved Proton.

Words of encouragement greatly appreciated.

Lori

dkmiller68
12/22/2004, 07:06 AM
My question would also be; Is there an increase in 'road/wind noise'? and what type of air deflector reduces the most and to what level?

nyc #1 ironman
12/22/2004, 09:20 AM
If I'm not mistaken Tone informed me awhile back these roofs would not be feasable for our trucks because of the ridges on the roof. I guess it needs to be a flat roof. A very popular model amongst people on the board is the Hollandia 743 I believe. Try doing a search on sunroofs for more detail.

Otto
12/22/2004, 02:13 PM
Hi, I had an Inalfa Sunroof installed in march 2003, so far no problems. It looks just like it came with the truck. I purchased it at Auto Sun-Roof, Inc., they have several locations, check it out at autosunroof.com

zadam123
12/22/2004, 04:17 PM
Otto can you post a pick,

thanks

adam

nyc #1 ironman
12/22/2004, 04:41 PM
Yes, please ! I had wanted one very badly. Lets see, lets see

MZ-N10
12/22/2004, 08:28 PM
i never figured out why a 3~k dollar car didnt have a factory sunroof
________
WELLBUTRIN SIDE EFFECTS (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/wellbutrin/)

nyc #1 ironman
12/22/2004, 08:33 PM
great point!!!

StormTROOPER
12/23/2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by MZ-N10
i never figured out why a 3~k dollar car didnt have a factory sunroof Because they used them all up putting TWO on the Amigo/Rodeo Sport.:D Go figure:confused:

Otto
12/23/2004, 05:50 AM
I will post Pics tomarrow when I am off from work. Auto-Sun roof are the guys the car dealers use when you buy a car off a dealer lot and want to install a sun roof. It's fully automatic with a matching interior shade. It also closes by it's self you turn off the car. There is very little wind noise when open fully or in the vent position. Wind defector not needed.

Hanalei
12/23/2004, 06:45 AM
I called the number on "www.inalfa.com" and they have several companies that install their products. I was referred to a place on Route 46 (forgot the name) that Inalfa highly recommended (I'll get the info as soon as I can). They were very friendly and told me they've installed sunroofs on VX's. The pop-up would cost $395.00 installed, spoiler sunroof- $695.00 and moonroof - $995.00.

In the Spring I will definitely have one installed. They're priced very reasonably.

BigJoe
12/23/2004, 07:32 AM
When you're ready, find out if you can get a better deal on two. I'm gonna start saving now.......

Joe

johnnyapollo
12/23/2004, 08:42 AM
Thought I'd chime in with some comments on the sunroof:

http://www.wildtoys.com/vehicross/VX_Mods/ModsMoonRoof_600.gif

I have the 743 Hollandia/Webasto:
http://www.wildtoys.com/vehicross/VX_Mods/ModsMoonRoof.asp

Hollandia owns the patent on the sunroof, so you pretty much can't go wrong with the Hollanda/Webasto - it is the same that you get from a manufacteror.

About wind noise - I have a moonroof style that retracts fully into the liner and it has a built-in deflector. I found the noise to be very tolerable. What caused me to go back and get the external deflector was the cabin pressure. Since the VX doesn't have any real exterior vent windows, when the roof is fully open and your windows are closed (which you'll find yourself doing when it gets cold but you still want open sky), the back pressure on your ears is annoying above 30 mph. In other vehicles, I've cracked the rear windows to relieve the pressure - impossible with the VX. The external deflector redirects some of the air so you don't get the back pressure - something to think about - it does block the amount of "open air" so there is a negative. I went back and bought one and it cost me extra. If you negotiate the deflector up-front they will often throw it into the deal. Aim for around $950 for the total install (or less if you are a good negotiator).

I've never had a problem with it leaking, however someone else on the board had a short drain line that was directing water into his VX - there are plastic tubes that drain the sunroof away from the VX's interior. These need to be long enough and unobstructed or you can get wet. Most installers will put a new headliner in to hide the control mechanism. Donnie Cruce put black into his and it actually looked better than the light gray I have in mine (my opinion) - however you would need to dye the visors to make it look sweet. If you plan to replace your window pillars this would be a good thing to do.

-- Best, John

Otto
12/24/2004, 11:13 AM
Hi everyone, If you look in my gallery you will see some pics of my sun-roof. My camera is not the best, but it will give you an idea of what it looks like.

Bobster
12/24/2004, 02:44 PM
Inalfa Sunroof pictures:

http://members.iglou.com/pinpoint/06300005.jpg

http://members.iglou.com/pinpoint/06300006.jpg

nyc #1 ironman
12/24/2004, 08:09 PM
Hey you guys , I thought Inafa was the California style sunroof. I love those ! They are the sliding ones that go from front to back. That is the one I wanted but tone said it couldn't happen due to the ridges on the roof. Those things are sooooo cool. Its like having a convertable. I believe alot of the Mercedes feature these. If someone could post a pic ( I don't know how to) you would see what I am talking about,,

VX4EJR
12/24/2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by johnnyapollo
Thought I'd chime in with some comments on the sunroof:

http://www.wildtoys.com/vehicross/VX_Mods/ModsMoonRoof_600.gif

I-- Best, John

Hey John,
Looks like they did a nice job! Question though, from the other pics you have on your website it looks like the headliner might be or already prone to sag over a period of time? Most that have had sunroofs installed it seems the entire headliner was replaced. I'd be nervous about that only because aftermarket headliners tend to not be as secure as the OEM and after a few years, it will pull away from the ceiling and look real bad. When that happens, you're up the creek without a paddle and fixing it is a pain and more money. I don't know, am I wrong?