PDA

View Full Version : LA area, Sierra Auto/Isuzu service/free new tranny

cascabel3
12/21/2004, 09:19 AM
I purchased my VX 2 months ago in Phoenix/AZ with 54k miles. At 57k I decided to have the 60k servive done. Anita recommended Isuzu in Monrovia/CA, with Dino as the rep. As it turns out, I owe Anita one, and Dino. Several days before the service, the "ATT-automatic transmission temperature" light came on while on the Fwy. I pulled over and looked in the manual which recommended putting tranny in Park and letting it idle until light goes off, which it did and I was able to continue. The light never came back on. I must add that my VX runs fine.

I mentioned all of this to Dino at Isuzu: upon picking up my VX from the 60k service, he stated that they found a leak in the rear axle and fixed it and something else which was fixed. "Oh, and I ordered a new transmission for you" Dino stated with a grin on his face. At this point I am ****ting rubber-nickels;eekr;

"Yes, we don't like the ATT code and the tranny fluid seems a bit burned. We will install a new tranny for you after the Holidays, it will take one full day. We are also not charging you for parts of your 60k service as this falls into the 60k warranty you have."

So here I think, first I end up paying less than quoted for the servive and I got extra repairs, and then I get a brand new tranny for free.

How's that for service. Thanks again Anita for the recommendation. That place is awesome. Simple to get in and out, friendly and professional. ;Dy;

Anita
12/21/2004, 09:48 AM
Thats a nice Christmas present!

Now you know why I give Dino and Mike get a basket of goodies every year.

;Dr;

cascabel3
12/21/2004, 09:59 AM
Yes, and you should've seen Dino's eyes light up when I mentioned your name. Nothing like working with friends :p

Ldub
12/21/2004, 10:22 AM
WOW!, a new tranny for you & a C/F hood for Wormgod???I can't wait to see whats under the tree for me from Santa VX this Christmas.
Ldub

kuba
12/21/2004, 12:08 PM
Anita,

May I ask for the address as well? I am in LA area, just got my Vx for 2 weeks, it is a 99ironMan, However, I would like a second opinion from another isuzu dealer. since the one I bought from, they keep promissing they will take care everything and i found out the the CD player is not working now. I am worry something else is going wrong n i am not aware of. Plus I am planing on a trip with my Vx to Mammoth soon...Many thanks

Kuba

cascabel3
12/21/2004, 01:23 PM
Here is the address. Ask for Dino in the service department.

(626) 256-4186 1401 S Shamrock Ave
Monrovia, CA

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tuid=24555672&ck=1641935817&tab=B2C&tcat=29018270&city=Glendale&state=CA&uzip=91204&country=us&msa=4480&cs=4&ed=2rPtcq1o2TwAboXCz0mW0z9chq6WJyn.8zk0VgxtAplZkw--&stat=:pos:12:regular:regT:20:fbT:0

StormTROOPER
12/22/2004, 02:11 AM
Speaking of Santa and Anita, I pass Sierra Isuzu of Monrovia on my way to Santa Anita racetrack in Arcadia all the time, I know where I'm goin if I ever need service.:) Thanks

sveltax
12/23/2004, 09:30 AM
I'm in Arcadia and would love to see your supercharged VX. I have an Axiom with the same engine and tranny as the VX.

~Jeff

kuba
12/23/2004, 05:19 PM
Many thanks for the advise and tips..I finally toook my VX to the Isuzu monrovia, this is the best place ever, very professional and Dino and Mike are great people! Thanks again for helping the rookies..:)
Merry Xmas and happy 2005!