PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina, asking a favor

spaceCADETzoom
12/20/2004, 07:37 PM
Hi there, I've been lurking for a few weeks now and have been in the amrket for a VX. Looked at a couple in California, though they haven't panned out. I've been looking at one on ebay and wondering if there's anyone around Candler, North Carolina who'd want to check out a vehicle and report on tis condition. It looks good over photos, though I would be immensily appreciative if anyone could verify its condition...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6270&item=4512849449&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Obviously, it'd be best if it were in the next dayt or so... No big deal if anyone couldn't. Just thought I'd give it a shot, as I've seen some firsthand reports on a Las Vegas VX for sale that has really helped me out just the last day.

Thanks either way.

technocoy
12/20/2004, 08:54 PM
to help you out... but it's about a four hour drive for me. sorry. but good luck on it if you do decide to buy it!!! black is always nice..

technocoy

spaceCADETzoom
12/20/2004, 09:42 PM
that's ok. Thanks

I honestly don't want anyone to go out of thier way....just saying if the planets are aligned and anyone happens to be in the area...

I'd feel terrible if I inconvenienced anybody, so don't anybody go out of thier way; it's no big deal, the distance of the possible sale is the major obstacle for me here...

JoFotoz
12/21/2004, 09:01 AM
I live in So cal too..San Diego.
I did the math relative to buying out of state and decided to wait and buy in state.
Cost of travel , Calif Tax/reg & title ..PLUS SMOG! sure add up fast , and its a risk travelling to look at an unknown.
I found mine ( 99 ebony 11,200 miles ) on AutoTrader.com using the 300 mile distance feature. It was 15 mins away!
What exactly are you looking for ..price /age range?

atb

jo

spaceCADETzoom
12/21/2004, 10:24 AM
Yeah, I think I'm staying in state as well...

I do the "300 mile" search as well.

A new vehicross popped up today on autotrader....It seems Stevens Creek Subaru, in San Jose has TWO(!) vehicrosses. I was eying one of them, and then another popped up. I think i'll be headed down...

I've been mainly using autotrader. THere's one in Culver City that I looked over, a proton. For a real low price. But the guy's presentation was off...I might have overlooked the sizable door ding, but the dog-smell and the overall cluttered nature of the cabin put a bad taste in my mouth.

Found a great black one in Temecula, but my dealer haggling fell through. I see there's another black in Carlsbad with 11k miles, and thought that was the one you recently picked up...I never called them up, they don't have price listed, and I figured it would be pricey.

But yeah, I think I'll stay instate. San Jose isn't that far away...

JoFotoz
12/21/2004, 10:35 AM
The one in Carlsbad IS the one I picked up !!...they actually had it at their San Diego site..Mission Gorge Road.
1999 , 11200 miles , Ebony, Immaculate..$14000

What kind of year/price/mileage are you looking for?

What are the age/miles/price on the Proton in culver and the black one in temecula?

Jo

spaceCADETzoom
12/21/2004, 10:54 AM
I'm not in a huge hurry, so don't laugh at my low price point...I have seen local deals that I have missed. I'm not looking to spend more than 13k (inc.tax/registration/etc). I was paying cash, and that's roughly the cash I have. :) I think I could wiggle around... No real preference in year, miles, etc. Like I said, the proton in Culver City might have been ok, it was just such a drop in quality from the black one in Temecula, which was perfect in every way.

The Temecula ebony was a 99 at around 57k miles. It was at a dealer, so they were giving us some game about a salesman bought it in the morning before I arrived....after not getting any progress in leading us to another vehicle, the vehicross magically appeared in a back lot...the "new owner" was taking offers, but it didn't work out. He was hinting at around15k before tax/lisence/etc.

Proton in culver city was apparently looking for over $10k. He had "another bidder" offer 10. Again, if it were just the door ding and the presentation was spot on, we might have taken it. BUt misc. things soured me. driver window wasn't working right--he said he'd have fixed before sale. THere was a dog-odor. Some scratches. I was wondersing why he didn't just fix these things before...a little armor-all, an air freshner, etc...it may have made me a buyer. One thing I like at the dealer is that they really put thier best foot forward in regard to the vehicle theyre selling...no funny odors or misc. imperfections....

Saw another ebony in the valley...the guy owes a lot on his loan still, though...

Did you just get yours over the weekend? Nice job. Real good price for such a low mileage vehicle. It supposedly being in Carlsbad also led to me not calleing them...I'm closer to the 15, so Temecula is on the way to San Diego...if I were to go to Carlsbad, I'd have had to come down and around... That, and I just figured the low miles would have put the price into late teens. Wow, 14..!

JoFotoz
12/21/2004, 11:05 AM
Prices seem to vary wildly!
They started at $16995 for the one I got...I walked away twice because I was really looking for a Proton , and they knew that as I'd already talked to them before.
The Ebony kind of grew on me as a stealth option..I have a bright yellow 73 bronco roadster already. so black is a nice alternative.

I guess the LOW miles and immaculate condition made it hard to resist and after some "spirited" haggling we settled on $14000.
Seems like a great price , I see 99's with 40/60,000 going for the same or more.

Problem is , my wife wants one now instead of her ML320...!

Maybe I'll give her the ebony if I find a nice Proton!

Jo

JoFotoz
12/21/2004, 11:23 AM
1999 Isuzu VehiCROSS
Description — $11,850, 99 Isuzu Vehicross (Ironman Package) Auto, all options, exc condition, $11,850 602-999-9552 or 480-250-5695

I think it has 90,000 on it...private sale .

I talked to him very briefly , but miles too high for me.

jo

spaceCADETzoom
12/21/2004, 11:43 AM
Interesting. It'd give me areason to head to Phoenix...I'm orignially from Mesa.

But San Jose has a newly listed posting for one at roughly same price, with less miles. It's silver, which I like better than the Ironman. And its closer, and in-state...

I might call. Thanks for the heads up.