PDA

View Full Version : need help, new owner-"maybe?"

monkeyhaas
12/20/2004, 04:54 PM
6 months ago I purchased a 2000 ironman from a dealership near boston and they ensured me that everything was in good order-mechanically and everything else like all the necessary papers. I've had several problems with the car but very minor and from this website, very common. anyway, I financed the car from Sovereign Bank and they sent me a letter saying that they haven't received a title/lien from the dealer. I called sevral times until they once again ensured me that it was coming and that they would send the papers to Sovereign Bank and my insurance company. Today, which is about 2 moths after that incident, i once again got a letter from Sovereign, saying that they would consider my auto as being "default" if they don't receive a title. Do I have the right to bring the car back even though logged 10,000 miles? What should I do?

dkmiller68
12/20/2004, 05:10 PM
maybe consult legal advice???

kpaske
12/20/2004, 05:18 PM
Well, the dealership has already been paid (as you didn't finance through them), so you really have little recourse if they decide to continue jerking you around. I doubt you would get very far by trying to return the vehicle, unless they've done something wrong (like if they've lost the title). However, you do have a right to get your title in a timely manner, and you certainly have reason to give the dealership manager an earfull. I would bring in copies of all the letters you've recieved from Sovereign and demand they produce a title. If they can't seem to produce one, or at least explain where it is and why it hasn't been sent yet, you may have grounds for litigation.