PDA

View Full Version : The who's going to Moab 05 list

Triathlete
12/19/2004, 09:02 PM
I'll be going for the first time!;Dy;
Hopefully will be trying out some new Goodyear 33/12.5/15 MT/R's!
Who else will be making the trip?

Here are a couple stolen video's (thanks Sweater at 4x4Wire) to help motivate you guys
Video 1 (http://www.planetbantz.com/imghost/isuzu/SeeYouInMaySm.wmv)
Video 2 (http://www.planetbantz.com/imghost/isuzu/MoabSlideShow.wmv)

Link to official ZuZoo (http://www.zuzoo.org/index.shtml) web site.

Green Dragon
12/19/2004, 09:14 PM
Arriving on the Sunday( 1700 hrs)- Where are we staying this year????

Figure my turn to bring a bottle of Tequila, who's bringing the Margurieta machine?

Been there done that.

Moncha
12/23/2004, 08:39 PM
Ahhhhh.. Hell's gate.. boy those were the times, right Bob?

I'm working as hard as I can to get the time off. I'm being transfered into a different division and have to deal with a new sergeant. Fortunately, he's love wheeling and LOVES my truck. Will post as soon as I know solidly.

nocturnalVX
12/24/2004, 10:12 AM
I should be there, and hope to have a convoy with a few other MWIOR VXers!

AnalogVX
12/24/2004, 09:24 PM
If all goes well and I can get time off from the school district...I would like to go this year.

coachreed
12/25/2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Triathlete
I'll be going for the first time!;Dy;
Hopefully will be trying out some new Goodyear 33/12.5/15 MT/R's!

I'll be there... I plan to be trying out the 35x12.50x18 Nitto Mud Grapplers... along with a Warn XD9000 winch... and MAYBE a locker up front... not to mention the LS1!

For anyone coming from the midwest, or even the eastern coast... if your road travels through the Kansas City area, I plan to host a way-point rest stop for other ZuZoo travlers... if there are enough folks who plan to travel through I might have a little cook out, a drink or two, and then start off fresh in the am for the final leg into Moab (around 15'ish hours from the KC area)... I have lots of space so feel free to stop. A big arse pile of Isuzu metal would be fun in my 'hood.

Those videos ROCK btw. I haven't seen those before. I'll definitely be passing them along myself.

Welp, back to the garage for me... I'll catch y'all later!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!
My Webshots Gallery... (http://community.webshots.com/user/ironmanvx2000)

Triathlete
01/25/2005, 08:47 AM
Okay, the ZuZoo site has been updated! Who is going to be staying where? I see the camp sites at Portal are $16 a night, the group sites are $8 per person a night, cabins $35-39 a night. Has anyone checked into a group rate at a hotel yet? What were the room costs last year? I will probably be camping but still not 100% sure. If the room price is reasonable I may go that route.

Vasha13
01/25/2005, 10:38 AM
I have it marked on the calendar - hopefully nothing will erase it off there! :p

Triathlete
01/25/2005, 12:23 PM
Other than accepting a Noble Peace Prize I don't think anything "more important" should erase it! :p

Vasha13
01/25/2005, 01:20 PM
I didn't say it would be "more important" than going to Moab! Life has a funny way of sneaking into playtime - hate that!

Tone
01/25/2005, 02:05 PM
I got us a group rate at a hotel last year - something in the $65 range (typical for Moab) I believe with a free continental breakfast, pool, hot tub and pets ok. We need about 10 rooms to get any deals - if we get at least that many confirming on this post, I will go ahead and give them a CC to hold then you will need to contact them with your credit card number to confirm at least 30 days out (by April 15th).

Or if someone wants to take on this task, please let me know.

I also reserved tables for 20 (rough guess) at various restaurant's around town so each night there would be a known meeting place if one wanted - most nites the tables were full. I would be happy to do that again and any input would be great.

Or someone can take this task as well.

tomdietrying
01/25/2005, 03:04 PM
Yep, looks like I am going to be able to make it this year.
Peace.
Tom

Scott Harness
01/25/2005, 03:35 PM
I'm in! Probably will want to stay in hotel. Maybe camp out one night. I just bought a Trooper Tod skidplate. I have not installed it yet. I hope it is easy. Later

Todd Adams
01/25/2005, 08:12 PM
I can't seem to find the thread I started on the Vx Only Run. I would like a head count and what we all decided to do. Camp out one night or a one day trip.
Todd

Swordy
01/26/2005, 07:30 AM
I'll be there.

Todd Adams
01/26/2005, 08:49 AM
Since these are different, here is the link (so I don't loose it again and Tone has to find it for me)

VX Only Run (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?p=54179#post54179)

Moncha
01/26/2005, 09:12 AM
The Calendar also has a feature to maintain a list of "Attendees".
Go to:
'ZuZoo VIII Moab, UT May 18-21, 2005 (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=156&c=1) and click the "I will be attending this event" link to be added to the list.

TimG
01/31/2005, 11:36 AM
I'll be there this year. My boss understands that I'll quit my job before I miss Moab again. My girlfriend informed me today that she's going to go with me. Life is good.

VX crazy
01/31/2005, 12:14 PM
I'll be there this year. My boss understands that I'll quit my job before I miss Moab again. My girlfriend informed me today that she's going to go with me. Life is good.

No way Tim!!! Yippeeee

Jay Dunford
01/31/2005, 12:41 PM

Glad you're coming out of hibernation. We'll have the whole gang there again this year. :bgwo:

TimG
01/31/2005, 02:33 PM
Glad you're coming out of hibernation.

I'm still hibernating. I just want to spend part of May hibernating in Moab. :p

Vasha13
02/01/2005, 05:47 AM
Tim, you still live! Glad to hear you're going to make it to Moab!

TimG
03/30/2005, 03:53 PM
Change of plans. I won't be attending this year for financial reasons. This really sucks. :mad:

Triathlete
04/28/2005, 12:36 PM
So, anyone else decide to come out to Moab?
If all gos well should have the new tires ready to test this weekend. Have reservations at the Portal campground. Will be arriving there The evening of the 16th! Getting antsy!

nocturnalVX
05/04/2005, 12:13 AM
First, the good: I just got a promotion at work (effective May 1st), and will be making some extra $$$. Woo hoo! :dance:

Now the bad: I was pretty much set for Moab this year even though I was having a great bit of trouble juggling this year's finances and vacation schedule. I even had a room reserved! The time problems were just about fixed when word came of my promotion. That is going to help with the $$$ aspect, but now my days off for the rest of the year are now changed. Just like this time last year when work nixed Moab, it did it again. There's no way I can make it to Zu Zoo VIII. :waab:

I'll be thinking of you all. The MWIOR convoy will have to wait. Next year? Be safe and have fun everyone!

biju
05/04/2005, 09:23 PM
Hey gang,

I'm in. Just got my CB, tires, time off work, etc. Ready to roll.

Got my reservation at Portal Campground - tenting it.

Be there the 18th - 21st...

-biju.

LEG 01VX
05/08/2005, 07:58 AM
Vasha13,

Are you going to Moab? Do you want to travel together.

Is there anyone else going from Houston?

Thanks,

SPAZZ
05/12/2005, 07:15 AM
well, Shannon and I will not be attending this year. My employment has basically emplied that I can take off work and enjoy myself but not have a job....or I can slave to their grind and keep my job...hmm...which do I do.....which do I do??????

also, I injured my shoulder at work last night, so my vacation is shot from work and I will be staying here to get it fixed.