PDA

View Full Version : Flight hours....

Francesco Rizzo
12/19/2004, 06:06 AM
wha'cha got? I know there are other pilots on this site..

~260 total fixed wing here.. about 35 multi.. CFI exam soon!
only 30 hrs solo though out of it.. thanks riddle

and .2 in the vx with at least 10 landings in my ironman. where do I log that?

Bantan
12/19/2004, 11:29 AM
No logged hours here yet ;)
which do you prefer?
I am torn between fixed wing and copters, which to persue.

Heraclid
12/19/2004, 11:55 AM
Choppers rule! I LOVE 'em! And wouldn't ya know it - I'm afraid of heights in most any other circumstance. :-)

Still very much wet behind the ears so to speak, as I've only got a handful of hours in the air with a chopper. Mostly I was just trying to keep it steady just off the ground and probably never broke 300 ft. Did much better up higher where I wasn't as sensitive to slight changes in yaw (I tended to over-correct for it). Some in broad daylight buzzing boats and some at night, which is breathtaking. This was in N411MJ, a since totaled R-22 which was then owned by Dave Brookes, an excellent instructor based out of Stuart, FL who's out flying Learjets now. Really want to get back into it, but at $165 an hour, cha-ching! And you really do need to be able to afford to stick with it and fly as often as you can while training (which is cheaper than taking more time to go back over things because you aren't in the air enough). But yeah, oh my is it ever fun!

glenwood
12/19/2004, 03:33 PM
Don't have many rotor hrs, but about 2000 fix wing mostly multi.
Once you start, you can't get enough...

Joe_Black
12/19/2004, 06:11 PM
100+ fixed, 15 rotor. Been on a break for a bit, getting back in the saddle come spring. The local FBO I frequent has a new glass-panel 172R for rent, so gotta go check it out! ;Do;

Simon Templar
12/20/2004, 07:56 PM
3975 total time....give or take a handfull.

In the last ten years.....about 40.

Sorry guys....when the muse leaves you, it runs like hell. Couldn't care less if I ever see another airplane.

....sT