PDA

View Full Version : Crown King (Phoenix, Az. area) Off-Road Trip

Triathlete
02/26/2003, 12:07 PM
Alright...here we go again. March 30 2003 is the date. Back way to Crown King is the destination. Myself, VCAMILLO, and ZU4TWO have commited so far. Lets make this a BIG one. The trail is rated a 3 (intermediate). ZU4TWO is going to contact the ranger station for a condition update...stay tuned! Here is a little info on the trail...
Crown King info (http://www.azvjc.org/Trails/View.asp?T=71 )
and
More CK info (http://www.az-offroad.com/cking.html )
Time: 10:00a.m.
Place: Carefree Hwy/74 and I-17 (exit 223)
Bring a lunch!
Lets hear from all that plan to attend!

LIST OF ATTENDEES (so far)
Triathlete
ZU4TWO
VCAMILLO
VXCAVER
burg
CPetrac
Jeff
DOGUE ?
Multimediaman ?

------------------
Triathlete
Tucson, Az. USA
'99 Ebony VX

Triathlete
03/04/2003, 08:58 AM
The attendee list is growing! Be sure to get in on the fun! Any out of staters going to be around for the trip?:naughty:

VCAMILO
03/07/2003, 10:22 AM
Where are the California people that said they wanted to come
to Phoenix? Common we are only 5 hrs from L.A & San Diego!

Triathlete
03/07/2003, 12:27 PM
Spazz,
You've obviously never seen Vcamilo drive!:goof: ;eekb; :goof: ;eekb;

Triathlete
03/08/2003, 07:24 PM
Semper Fi leatherneck

Cpl. USMC 1982-1986:yesy:

Triathlete
03/18/2003, 10:57 AM
For anyone going from the Tucson area...
We will leave from the Circle K at I-10 and Broadway/Congress at 7:00 to caravan up. I was in Phoenix a few weeks ago and saw some cheap gas at the truck stops just outside of Phoenix so will make a fueling stop there! Let me know if you plan on joining the caravan so we know who to expect!:rotate:

ONLY 12 DAYS TO GO!!!

VCAMILO
03/19/2003, 11:04 AM
Don't forget about me. I will wait for you guy @ the Ray Rd. exit.
Let's plan on where to meet. Thats only 5 mins from my house so if you guys give me a call when you are near by I will meet you guys off the exit. EXIT Ray rd. Make a RIGHT (east of Ray)then pull in to the first parking lot on the right. It shoud be a TGIF nearby. Then I can caravan with the Tucson folks.

Zu4two
03/22/2003, 06:37 PM
I did a little scouting today, driving in to the trail head, north of Lake Pleasant.

A couple of observations...

Last place to get gas heading north on I-17, is probably the Deer Valley Rd exit. There is a Texaco and an Arco west of the freeway. Arco price was pretty good, $1.99 for unleaded, ($2.19 for us with S/C's). I would recommend topping off your tanks prior to the trail.

We will meet at I-17 and the Carefree Highway, on Carefree Highway just west of I-17, by the big "gas" sign (used to be a gas station there).

Some items to remember.
- Plenty of water, at least a gallon per person.
- An FRS radio to communicate on the trail. I'll have a couple of extra radios if you don't have one (or go buy one, they're dirt cheap).
- Your favorite allergy medicine. The flowers are in bloom!
- A camera to take pictures of all the flowers (and awesome VehiCROSSes).
- A good attitude and expectations for a great day!

The weather is going to be perfect for this ride! This is why we live in AZ! So if you're on the fence about going... come on, it is going to be fun!

Kirk

Triathlete
03/24/2003, 10:02 AM
Victor,
Email me your phone# so I can give you a buzz as we get close by (probably around 8:30-9:00). Plus, keep the big gulps upright!:laughy: :naughty: