PDA

View Full Version : Just toolin around

Rooster
12/17/2004, 08:28 PM
So I was playin' with photoshop earlier and came up with some great colors. If I ever feel the need to paint the VX, it just might be the copper or teal..

Webshots (http://community.webshots.com/photo/233608822/233609059sRYyiR)

Enjoy!

Rooster
12/18/2004, 03:50 PM
38 views and no replies, is that a good thing...?

;Dp; ;Dp;

kpaske
12/18/2004, 04:10 PM
The blue one looks pretty cool, but a few of them (like copper) remind me of that other thread where they posted all these different color schemes done on Japanese VXes. I think the general consensus was that most of them were a bit, uh, gaudy.

Heraclid
12/18/2004, 04:18 PM
Okay, just to make ya feel better...

The copper looks great, and I like all of the greenish versions too. Many more color options were available on the Japanese VX's, with several teal/green colors similar to what you did.

Funny thing is, I drive a silver VX, and I never wanted a silver anything. However, when I got it, I did not know that colors other than black, white and silver were even out there. But it didn't make a difference to me on the VX and mostly I just wanted a VX and color was secondary. Somehow it looks especially good in silver to me and the way the light plays off of it in different situations is pretty cool. Sometimes it looks almost white and at dusk some times it looks like a Kaiser. I think it just really works with the styling and helps give it more of a futuristic quality.

There, that oughta start something because everyone thinks their color is the best. :-)

Rooster
12/18/2004, 04:33 PM
heh, thanks, I wasn't fishing for remarks. Just wanted to see if anybody was awake...

I saw the JDM colors schemes and yes, they are gaudy. Except for the proton yellow with silver lower skirts. Looks good for some reason.

Thanks for the comments tho'

Heraclid
12/18/2004, 04:45 PM
Someone will want to beat me senseless for saying so, but the thing that really bothers me on some of the Japanese ones is the interior. It's a funky cloth deal instead of the nice leather.

Rooster
12/18/2004, 05:04 PM
I know what you mean, but different culture, different taste...

BTW, I was suprised when I bought my 01 Silver. I thought all the interiors were a Black/red/silver dealio. Mine is black and silver. Pretty conservative...

kpaske
12/18/2004, 05:55 PM
I guess in '99 when mine came out the only interior option was the black and red (in the Ebony model, anyway). The black and red leather is awesome and everything, but when they came out with the black and grey in '00 I wished I had waited. Oh well, maybe someday I'll find someone who wants to trade out with me! ;Db;

As for the exterior, I've always liked blues, although somehow it's hard for me to imagine the VX in anything other than the standard 6 (or is it 7?) colors. Maybe a deep purple / black would look pretty bad *****...

OZ VX
12/18/2004, 10:01 PM
Heraclid. I is beating you bad, lol. Easy way to deal with the crappy material on the japanese seats, Seatcovers. Still not as nice as the leather. Are the US spec Recardo's though like the jap spec, the pattern of the material is to die for too.

I was also playing with photoshop, but I played with the background instead.

http://image20.webshots.com/21/7/22/2/229872202uPEsjS_ph.jpg

Rooster
12/18/2004, 11:33 PM
Heh, looks like mars or something...

johnnyapollo
12/19/2004, 06:53 AM
The last year the VX was offered in Japan, you could get it in one of 25 colors. Only 175 were made and each are numbered with a metal plate. These also came with the same red/black interiors (I think they may have come with the 3.5 rather than the 3.2 as well). There were some rather wild colors such as fuscia and purple.

-- John

WormGod
12/20/2004, 08:33 AM
I tried looking, but after 5 pop ups nailed me per page, I had to call it quits, heh.

TDAWG
12/20/2004, 12:55 PM
I don't know where I got this pic from but it has all the colors you could get the VX in from ISUZU. Hey Wormgod I beleive from this pic that you could only get 20 but would that include the Ironman, Proton, Ebony, Astral, Kiaser?

StormTROOPER
12/20/2004, 10:31 PM
Nice choice of colors Rooster, but I'm not surprised since most VXers have an eye for art. I'm very tempted to custom colorize my VX in a couple years(when it's paid off), but the sight of me classic silver & black at night under parking lot lights is just too dam sharp (like Heraclid said). I may have to get a second VX to customize.;)