PDA

View Full Version : Blower Motor

I_Wanna_Retire
12/16/2004, 03:53 PM
Anybody ever change out the blower motor? My son started complaining of a weird noise and it looks to be a bad bearing, as it vibrates like hell when you turn the air conditioning on high. No noise or vibration at the lower settings. If anybody has done this and can provide pointers, I would greatly appreciate it.

Ldub
12/16/2004, 09:21 PM
I W R,

I've never done anything with the blower motor, so can't help you there. Just checking in to wish you a Happy B-day!

Look at it this way...one yr. closer to retirement!

Ldub

SGT.BATGUANO
12/16/2004, 10:04 PM
I recall someone doing something with blower and or climate control fan speed resistor. Try searching along those lines. I think it was mentioned pretty easy replacement. Motor behind/ under dashboard glove compartment.

Tone
12/17/2004, 07:57 AM
Look under / behind glove box - three screws straight up and it will come out in your hands - remove glovebox door (2 screws) makes it easier.

OZ VX
12/18/2004, 01:20 PM
yea, thats where the blower resistor is, I still haven't got a replacement yet. I've got a mate still looking in japan for me.

Below is a pic of where the resister is, by removing it you can also gain access to inside part of the air box thing, maybe there is something inside there also. (pic is not mirrored, VX is a jap spec)

http://image22.webshots.com/23/7/20/1/233872001sVgaGc_ph.jpg

Tone
12/18/2004, 03:11 PM
Noises aren't caused by the resistor issue....

OZ VX
12/18/2004, 09:47 PM
I know that, the pic that I put up was one that I used to send to a guy about my resistor issue. And it shows all the stuff behind the glovebox, and it also backs up your previous post.

I_Wanna_Retire
01/08/2005, 01:21 PM
Thanks everybody, finally got around to this today, and it was a piece of cake. Took all of 10 minutes. My son was making fun of me because I ordered the blower motor beofre making sure noise was caused by motor, but I lucked out and all is quiet again.

Heraclid
01/08/2005, 02:41 PM
My A/C has made a lot of noise from that area for a long time, and at every setting. How much did the blower motor set you back?

Also, the little blue A/C light is out on the button ('99 model). Not a big deal and everything still works, but anyone know how easy it would be to fix it? Would like to if it's not too involved.

I_Wanna_Retire
01/08/2005, 05:48 PM
I got it from Isuzuparts.net for $110, which is a lot of money, but less than I could find anywhere else, including St Charles Isuzu.