PDA

View Full Version : idle

cascabel3
12/16/2004, 02:04 PM
twice now; in one week, I start the VX and idle sinks to zero. After a couple of tries I keep foot on gas and put in gear and she's fine.

Any takers?:confused:

Child's Play
12/16/2004, 05:49 PM
Changed the air filter or messed with air in-take tube lately? When I first bought my VX I changed the air filter, and the connector that plugs into the MAF pulled off. How, I don't know, but it started fine after I was done. Parked the car at my girlfriend's house, went to start and did the same thing you are describing. Did it again after I parked and re-started, found the sensor disconnected, plugged back in and everything was fine. Other than that, Fuel Filter, Fuel Pump issues?

Adam

cascabel3
12/17/2004, 08:22 AM
Thanks ChildsPlay, I think I read your post when that happened. I am going in for my 60k service on Monday. This idle thing has only happened twice in one week, so not as consistent a problem as yours was. Rhe first time I did take someone's post to your thread who recommended opening the gastank cap. It was fine after I did it. The second time I just kept foot on the gas and put it in drive, worked fine from that moment on.

VCAMILO
12/17/2004, 08:30 AM
My VX has dont that a few times. Mostly only when I take her off-roading. I will have to look into that...