PDA

View Full Version : Auto Start installed.

NJVX
12/14/2004, 07:18 PM
New Jacket to fight the cold $100.00
New Gloves to keep my hands warm $ 15.00
PSE&G Bill to heat the house in NJ. $125.00/month.

Getting into my 75 Degree autostarted Vehicross in 22 Degree Weather.

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Autostart installed and working perfect...Alarm and everything functioning normal....
;Dy;

thebear54
12/14/2004, 07:42 PM
Just wondering who did the work for you? and what system did you get so that everthing worked right?
It would be priceless to get into a nice warm VX(specially with the leather seats which feel like sitting on a frozen lake here in Vermont) :D
John

NJVX
12/14/2004, 08:07 PM
I had Circuit City do the job. They had put one in my girlfriends Liberty,and it works great. I don't know which they put in, but I had them make the rear door popper work by remote also...Its great..

GOVEHIX
12/14/2004, 08:21 PM
specially with the leather seats which feel like sitting on a frozen lake here in Vermont)

i like that, and it is~;Dy;
and how much does all the work costs in circuit city, including labor and parts everything?

Newports
12/15/2004, 05:19 AM
theres a place here in Brooklyn that installs Compustar or Prestige alarms for 350USD

Hanalei
12/15/2004, 08:20 AM
I had one installed last winter and I love it! My truck is roaster toasty and warmed up when I get in. Had it done at Radical Tunes, Hamburg Turnpike in Wayne for about $300.00.

Highly recommended.

PeteVX
12/15/2004, 09:18 AM
The circuit city one i think is a new line they are carrying, i looked at it a couple of months ago because i need a remote starter that will automatically start the car to maintain a preset inside temp for my dog that sometimes has to be left in the vehicle during dangerously hot weather. It also pages the remote to let you know the status which for me is vital.

I was quoted about $500 installed, i'd be interested if anyone has any history on reliability/quality etc. and compatibility with the VX, i know there was a TSB about compatibility issues when installing remote starters in a vx

Pete

XCross69
12/15/2004, 01:09 PM
Mine is a Crime Stopper and it has a paging system on it. I have had no trouble....cost $450 installed I believe...NOT at Circuit City

NJVX
12/15/2004, 04:16 PM
For just the auto start alone. It was around 220. Installed. It was an extra 40 or so dollars for the extra relay and labor for the door popper function...So far so good. No paging system.