PDA

View Full Version : Canadian VX's

MTSman
12/12/2004, 03:18 PM
Hi Everyone: Can anybody tell me if VX's were ever available in Canada? Nobody up here seems to know and I definitely want to own one of these fine rides. If not available up here, can they be imported?

Thanks for any light you can shed on the subject

dutchie
12/12/2004, 10:01 PM
No they weren't, only Japan and the US...but I think it should be easy to import I reckon:)

sature
12/13/2004, 02:58 AM
haha.. i have one..

sature
12/13/2004, 03:30 AM
All you need to do at least to B.C. is to have a Bill of sale,title faxed to you local border crossing on the US side because they need 72 hours to clear the car for export. Than when the time has passed just drive the car to the US side first to get a stamp on the title then head to the canadian side and pay 7% tax, 6% duty, $182 riv fee, $100 A/C fee. Then when u come back to Canada you'll wait about 2 week for the form 2 in the mail or call them after a week and they'll fax it to you. After that u'll need to do the mods they ask. 1. KM on you speedo, Air Bags Lables in French and English, A recall letter from Isuzu that states that all recall requirement have been met, Daytime running light..... After that you will do the federal inspection and provincial inspection then you can insure your car in Canada. It may sound hard but it's pretty easy.. but it was annoying for the week when i was waiting for the form 2 and watch my car sitting in my drive way everyday. Let me know if anyone needs help.

MTSman
12/13/2004, 02:35 PM
Awesome info, thanks. I guess my main concern was whether or not they could be brought in at all. Now all I need is money/time/trip to the U.S.

Thanks again

VXMAN
12/13/2004, 04:40 PM
MTSman, just in case you haven't seen this posting: 2000 For Sale (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5649/)
;Do;

Dave...

Anita
12/13/2004, 04:42 PM
Dave, your VX isnt sold yet?
I was sure someone would scoop up that beauty by now.
Maybe it means you should keep it! :naughty:

MTSman
12/13/2004, 05:54 PM
OOOOOooooooooooooooooooo..................That's nice, which of the pics in your gallery show it the way it sits for sale at present ?

VXMAN
12/13/2004, 06:11 PM
Anita Not yet! Maybe she'll be with me for awhile? That's not a bad thing either ;)

MTSman I sent some pictures to your email address.
This one's close, these are my summer tires! Also, the WRX hood scoop is not in the picture http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/21myvx_1.jpg

:D
Thanks,
Dave...

jacobus
09/29/2005, 07:52 PM
I just got mine to London, ontario, the information that SATURE gave you were correct,however I needed to bring my passport also.
I had my VX shipped from delaware to london for about $1200, good luck

mbeach
09/30/2005, 08:18 AM
Bagheera lives in Calgary, he has an ebony 99

jacobus
10/15/2005, 08:37 AM
Hi Sature, I just brought my 2000 VX into Canada (ontario ),and took the car to the local isuzu dealer to have the lights modified to daytime running, the mechanic spend 4 hours under the hood without any results, would you have any information/diagrams or methods to convert these lights.
thanks for any information you can give me, I appreciate your time
jacobus homan

Kenny
10/15/2005, 04:45 PM
I had a Ford dealership do mine here in Canada, and it took them most of the day ($$$ !!). I don't think wiring diags will really help, they had to rebuild the entire power with relays from the fuse box. I'd suggest get a mechanic who really knows car electrical systems and can run all the new stuff properly and clean.

Good luck, PM me if you want me get more details from the mechanic who did my work.

VX922
10/24/2005, 07:06 PM
DTRL requires an additional relay from ignition to headlight relay (PS under hood). I wired mine temporarily, then once pased the inspection I pulled it out since I have enough brain to know when to turn the lights on or off.