PDA

View Full Version : Dimebag Darrell killed on stage

Dallas4u
12/09/2004, 09:33 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=2&u=/ap/20041209/ap_on_re_us/nightclub_shooting

Sad day for Pantera fans. :(

AlaskaVX
12/09/2004, 12:03 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :waag: :waag: :waag: :sadr:

Mr. I-MAN
12/09/2004, 12:17 PM
:cryr: :cryr: dude that really sucks.

CFH

Tone
12/09/2004, 12:35 PM
He was a buddy of mine - got the call early early this mornng - people never cease to amaze me....

Dallas4u
12/09/2004, 01:12 PM
The scumbag killed 3 others and wounded a few more... unfortuately, it was over too quickly for him... he deserves worse.

AlaskaVX
12/09/2004, 02:56 PM
Well I hope there are a bunch of Pantera/Down/Damageplan fans where he is going. ;eeky; ;Dr;

Heraclid
12/09/2004, 03:54 PM
Tone, my condolences on the loss of your friend. :-(

ScottinMA
12/09/2004, 05:04 PM
Tone,
How did you know him?

VehiX
12/10/2004, 08:06 AM
I sent this e-mail to my local radio station yesterday 12/9/2004 and they actually read the entire thing on the air at about 4:30 PM :)

"I was and still am a huge Pantera/DamagePlan/Dimebag fan so this is a HUGE shock to me. Back in the day, all of their albums are what kept me alive and working hard towards a better future for myself. His music is what got me up every morning to go to work and kept me motivated through out the day to do what I needed to do. I remember sitting on the subway in Boston in the middle of winter, with no car, no money, no place to call home and nothing but Pantera blasting on my head phones! I used to look around at everyone on the T while listening to them and think to myself "I don't want to be like this guy, I need to do something with my life". Through the good times and the bad, I relied on those Pantera CD's to pull me through it all. The lyrics and Dimebag's hardcore sound taught me a lot about respect, perseverance, hard work and dedication! As corny as it sounds, I have no idea where I'd be today had it not been for Pantera and Dimebag's insane guitar skills. Nothing and no one could make me keep my chin up, hold my head up high and press on no matter what was going down except for them at the time! Reading the news this morning sent a chill up my spine. I just hate to see someone go out like that, especially Good Ol' Dime Bag Darrell. He did not deserve this! :(

We will all miss Darrell dearly and pray something like this never happens again!!! My sincerest condolences go out to Vinnie Abott, the rest of the Abott family and all of his fans around the world!

Rest in piece Darrell......

Can we get a round of black tooth grins for all tonight!"

I am still in shock from this and will miss Darrell Abbott tremendously!!!!

PEOPLE ARE SICK!!!! :mad:

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES OUT THERE!!!!