PDA

View Full Version : Ice Storm in Austin Texas

VX crazy
02/25/2003, 06:55 AM
Well after taking 2 1/2 hrs to get home last night, I made it shaking for the fear of wrecking my vx! Coming up a steep hill to where I live I noticed 6-8 vehicle that had slid down the road and into the ditch, most of which were 4x4 trucks!! Thank goodness for TOD, I just kept saying my prayers up the hill, when I made it, after cheering, I gave 2 people a ride home. Turns out these two people, married couple, had come to my house last summer to look at the vx, while she is getting into the back seat she telling her husband, 'see I knew I should have gotten a vx'. I am stuck at home all day today without running water!!!!! And will not be going DOWN that hill until the ice is gone!! Just thought I would share, snow would be much better than this stuff!:p

Vasha13
02/25/2003, 07:01 AM
Mine did great coming in to work this morning - they shut IH35 S down right where I was so I was the first car to turn around and go the wrong way on the access roads (at police direction of course! Barely slid at all although traffic wasn't going all that fast. Even made it up the hill on Dessau. But you're right - I was worried about someone else sliding into me like the Suburban that didn't make it up the Dessau hill!

We were lucky - we didn't lose power or water last night.

VX crazy
02/25/2003, 07:32 AM
Water is back!!! Yes!! I am confident about the VX capabilities, its the other wacos I worry about!