PDA

View Full Version : something i just noticed

Newports
12/07/2004, 09:17 PM
my father has a honda element - now i know what your gonna say (ewwwww) but i was looking at it and i was thinking, the if u took the vx's skin and wrapped it around a block it kinds looks like the element, and i was sober so ha! I'm not raggin on VXs and I can't wait to get mine, I already have 14K saved up and my pops is gonna help me out a lil bit with cash. i already know im gonna put the supercharger in lol gonna set aside 2500 for that... and maybe some rims, btw what are the biggest rims u can fit on the VX without lifting it? oh man, i could go on forever, i envy you guys as you all have VXs and I just want to say you got yourselves a great community, did I say I can't wait to get mine? mmmm silver.... btw I am an engineering student so pardont the run on sentences ;Db; U GUYS ROCK!

Heraclid
12/07/2004, 09:32 PM
Didn't used to think so, but Elements are kinda cool. The interior is what made up my mind. I was with my Dad looking at Pilots and checked one out then. No carpet - it has rubberized flooring throughout. Easy to clean that! Funky stain-resistant material covers all the seats. Roomy. Looked well thought-out, with lots of little touches other manufacturers either don't think of or don't bother to actually put in their vehicles.

Joe_Black
12/07/2004, 09:37 PM
Welcome to the board! If you're looking for a silver VX, this may the deal for you: No Reserve VX Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4510388214&category=6270)

As for the Honda Element, it's pretty much wrapped in the same type of cladding the VX has: Unpainted polypropylene. A friend has one and it's kinda neat. But Honda sure did miss their target demographic... by about 30 years!

Newports
12/07/2004, 09:53 PM
lol, tell me about it, and btw, me and my pops were looking at a pilot too, my dad couldnt resist the element, hes a tool/die maker and i gotta say it suits him. but i cant say i dont like taking it out, its got a nice sound system and i put a cold air intake on it, to give it better throttle response, i like it although the suicide doors a pain in the @$$ sometimes... thanks for the welcome and the auction, im kinda scared of buying cars on internet auctions, i see alot of them on autotrader though - thanks again

marximus
12/07/2004, 10:08 PM
dont be scared to buy on ebay!!! thats where i got my VX and also where my pops bought his, both of which were in great condition when they arrived. i say "were" because my old man has been putting ferrari stickers on his so that he can fool all those who havent seen it before. i swear, we cant go to the gas station without someone saying, "Wow, thats a NICE rig man! i'll trade yah!" and ofcourse he sees the ferrari stickers and assumes its more expensive than his VW toureg, otherwise he woudnt say such a thing. little does he know it only cost my pops 11k, and such a trade would benifit my pops greatly(in terms of $$$, not quality of car). and so my pops responds, "sure man!" All the while i'm in the background shaking my head in disapointment that it has happened again.

sorry, had to get that of my back... all in all, buying on line=good.

Newports
12/07/2004, 10:15 PM
lol, cool - thanks - hey what are u doing up, im studying for a test lol

marximus
12/07/2004, 10:26 PM
its only 10:30 here in the Northwest, so not all that late. and i was working on the hood fangs. :D
mark-

Bantan
12/07/2004, 10:27 PM
I just moved from BK in this past summer.
That ebay auction's location is Brooklyn, so you can check it out in person & won't have to pay for shipping;)
Hope you find one soon:luck:

VXMAN
12/07/2004, 10:40 PM
Hey Newports, don't forget about this VX for sale Nice Sliver 2000 For Sale (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=50527#post50527)

:D

Dave...

Newports
12/08/2004, 08:04 AM
well, i cant buy one immediatly because i have to get the ok from my pops as he is the one thats gonna pay for insurance, which i got a quote for and it is 7000 a year, which sucks....:mad: stupid Brooklyn Insurance rates... its cheaper in queens, manhattan, staten island, and bronx

Bantan
12/08/2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Newports
well, i cant buy one immediatly because i have to get the ok from my pops as he is the one thats gonna pay for insurance, which i got a quote for and it is 7000 a year, which sucks....:mad: stupid Brooklyn Insurance rates... its cheaper in queens, manhattan, staten island, and bronx

If you got relatives in Long Island it would be great to get insured out there.

Joe_Black
12/08/2004, 09:28 AM
$7000 a year? That's insane! ;eekg; Full coverage here in Florida runs me a little over $800 a year. Crikey! No wonder all you yankees keep migrating here! ;po;

rocket man
12/08/2004, 11:35 AM
Oh! I thought a "Yankee" was the same as a "Quickie" only you do it alone..:D

Joe_Black
12/08/2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by rocket man
Oh! I thought a "Yankee" was the same as a "Quickie" only you do it alone..:D
Only in Kalifornia! ;pp;

rocket man
12/08/2004, 12:19 PM
Its SOUTHERN KALIFORNIA if you please;) You know the cradle of civilization....Home of the Trojans! To better understand Southern Kalifornia geography...Southern Kalifornia is ALL of Kalifornia excluding 49 square miles of land known as San Francisco County.

San Francisco Co, rumor has it that most of the inhabitants ancestors there immigrated from Broward County and the Keys around the mid 18th century:p

GO SC!!! I mean.....SK