PDA

View Full Version : VX meet Northwest

sature
12/07/2004, 03:04 PM
I think i'm the only one here in Vancouver, B.C. but is anyone interested in a vx meet maybe in washington area or maybe in Oregon?

If anyone know if there is any other VX in Canada... please let me know!

LITTLELAURIE
12/07/2004, 04:21 PM
Let's have a meet in Oregon!!! Please please!!!

marximus
12/07/2004, 05:30 PM
im down here in seattle, and i think it would be fun to have a meet. lets do it:)

mark-

JAFO
12/07/2004, 06:35 PM
I'm in. Sorry I haven't been around in a while. Have you guys picked a time or place? About a year ago we had a small meet at the Bridgeport Brewery in Portland.

kpaske
12/07/2004, 07:14 PM
I'd like to have a NW meet, preferably near Seattle, but Portland isn't too far away either. I've missed the last two due to deployments, but hopefully I'll make this one. ;Db;

vxpac
12/07/2004, 07:31 PM
yes please:D :D :D :D !!!!

if i could get anyone in the seattle area to meet w/ me, i'd like to try + figure out if some of the noises (engine + tranny) come standard or not good features to have.

any recommendations for repair shops in the area? thanks!

LITTLELAURIE
12/07/2004, 09:03 PM
How about in NW Portland! Down by some of the local breweries!!!;Db; ;Do; ;Dp; ;Dr; ;Dy; ;Db;

newthings
12/07/2004, 09:18 PM
Name the place and time.
Hi JAFO, long time.
Roy

marximus
12/07/2004, 10:14 PM
how bout a trail meet, to head off into the woods with the VX's for the day? anybody have a trail in mind?

LITTLELAURIE
12/07/2004, 11:08 PM
How about, Barlow Trail, off of hwy 26, just a little East of Government Camp!!

vxsruletheworld
12/08/2004, 11:39 PM
Would this weekend (Sunday Prefered) be too soon? Barlow Road and then the brew pub just below Goverment Camp??

sature
12/09/2004, 12:23 AM
this weekend is too soon for me.. i still have final exams to study for. I'm up for NW portland or seattle. Better in seattle, less driving for me...but i'm willing to drive. I just never see any VX in my area. Only one when a guy drove up a white ironman to vancouver from seattle! So i guess no one has a VX in Canada? mmmmm...beer... do they feed u free samples there?

sature
12/09/2004, 12:26 AM
since there's so many or us here...i'm looking to get some new wheels for my vx....does the vx share the same bolt pattern and back spacking with other trucks? thanks for the help in advance!

marximus
12/09/2004, 02:43 PM
this weekend is MUCH too soon for me as well. i would say we should plan for after christmas. if you guys want to sooner, its okay.

LITTLELAURIE
12/09/2004, 04:01 PM
Yeah, maybe, after xmas! Hey! vxsruletheworld, are you talking about that little bar called the Rat? If so, I was up there a month ago!! Maybe, when everybody's schedules work out, we could all meet at the Rat and on to Barlow Trail!! Woooohoooo!!

sature
12/10/2004, 05:57 AM
i think the time frame between christmas and new year is good for most ppl. It's the time where i just sit around and get fat anyways. Might as well do something constructive eh!

JAFO
01/04/2005, 03:24 PM
Ok so its after the holiday rush. Anyone up for a meet?

newthings
01/04/2005, 08:25 PM
I am going to the boat show on the 8th.
Any other time.
Roy

Baxman
01/04/2005, 09:48 PM
For those interested in off-road runs, there is an established Isuzu "organization" called Pacific Northwest Isuzu Offroaders (PNWIOR). We are very loosely organized and do 4-6 runs /year. Last Thursday (New Year's Eve eve) we did the Lake Isabel trail north of Index, WA. I'm the only regular VXer in the group, but others come from time to time. A stock VX keeps up with the lifted, locked and lowered rigs pretty well. You can go here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PNWIOR (http://)
and register to be in on PNWIOR group e-mails.

The way to make an off-road run or a show and shine meeting work is to just do it! You can't accomodate everyone's schedule, so set the time and place in advance and "they will come".

I will be organizing a dunes run in April. It will be in central WA, near Mattawa (on the Columbia River). VXs just eat up the sand, we always have a good time. All are welcome.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3db25b3127cce97201279897b0000003610
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b2dc36b3127cce9cfadc31fbf50000005610 VX Meet in Seattle 2/02

JAFO
01/12/2005, 02:49 PM
Portland International Auto Show Jan 27 - 30.
www.portlandautoshow.com

I will be attending either Saturday or Sunday. Anyone want to have a meet?

kpaske
01/12/2005, 05:55 PM
I will very likely go to that. Thanks for the link!

It would be cool if a few of us could meet up before or after the show.

vxsruletheworld
01/13/2005, 09:24 PM
huh...huh guys? how about now? can we, please? PLLLEEEAASE?

seriously, how's everyones schedule looking in the next 2-4 weeks? I'm gone the 27th-31st, but other than that, I'm pretty open....

JAFO
01/14/2005, 04:12 PM
huh...huh guys? how about now? can we, please? PLLLEEEAASE?

seriously, how's everyones schedule looking in the next 2-4 weeks? I'm gone the 27th-31st, but other than that, I'm pretty open....

Ok, I will be at the Portland International Auto Show but in addition to that how about a meet next weekend (22-23)? Just pick a place/time and I'll be there. Bridgeport brewery was a great place to meet, just a suggestion.

kpaske
01/14/2005, 04:45 PM
I'd be up for a meet next weekend, but I probably won't make it down to Portland two weekends in a row (and I'd really love to go to that auto show). Would anyone be up for a meet up this way, near Seattle?

vxpac
01/15/2005, 02:01 PM
i certainly would. i'm still looking forward to meeting other area vxer's. have some intermittent work on wknds so a jaunt to portland doesn't work for me right now.

JAFO
01/16/2005, 06:26 PM
Ok, because some of us are from Portland and some from Seattle. Personally I live near Portland, however since we have the Autoshow in Portland on the weekend of the 27th. Lets have a meet in Seattle.

How about the Seattle Museum of Flight? I have never been there but according to their web site they have one of only two Concords in the United States and you can walk through it. Also they have the very first Presidential Air Force One, Boeing 747 also available to walk through. Question is, is next weekend to short of a notice?

http://www.museumofflight.org/visit/pics/concorde_100.jpg

www.museumofflight.org (http://www.museumofflight.org/index.html)

sature
01/17/2005, 03:19 AM
crap.. next weekend is my dad's brithday. I gotta stay in town. But the mesuem of flight is pretty cool. been there a few years ago. But i didn't go into air force one cause i remember i was broke that day. But i'm up for seattle for sure. Not too far from vancouver , b.c.

vxpac
01/17/2005, 06:23 PM
the museum of flight sounds fine. the time or specific wknd day is flexible for me.

sature, have also been thinking about a trip up north at some point, too. what would be fun to do up there away from the city?

sature
01/17/2005, 09:59 PM
Can do a drive up to local ski mountains. IN the vancouver there's 3 local mountains about 30min from downtown. There also alot of good food and also cheaper compared to US. There also Whistler Ski resort, it was reated number 1 ski resort in North America a few years running. That is about 2 hours drive from downtown via sea to sky hwy. There are some trails near whistler but it is very snowy this time of the year. In the summer u can drive so high up to the mountain that there's snow up there all year round. If you guys like asian food, vancouver have the best asian food outside of asia. There's also a little off-road about 1 hour away from vancouver in fort langley in stve lake where u can do jumps by the beach around the lake and lots of easy going looging trails.

wekilled
01/20/2005, 10:37 AM
Would definitely be interested in a Seattle, or vicinity VX meet. Is the Museum of Flight on or not? If so date/time?

I've only seen a Proton and an Ebony in Puget Sound area.

Note: I am a newbie to this forum. I have been coveting a VX ever since they came out, and just got lucky enough to get a silver 99 Ironman this last month. I promptly debadged it and upgraded the front markers as per some of the forums out there. (only had it since Xmas) Eventually I'd like to do the safari bumper thing and add a roof rack, Trooper skidplate.

-wekilled

sature
01/20/2005, 05:53 PM
i don't mind the mesume or the auto show..... or if a smaller group we can just meet in seattle if there is many VX in seattle?

JAFO
01/24/2005, 09:39 PM
http://www.oregoncc.org/parking/images/ParkentranceOCC.gif

Portland International Auto Show Jan 27 - 30.
www.portlandautoshow.com

I will be attending either Saturday or Sunday. Anyone want to have a meet?

Ok, so this is coming up this weekend. The hours are 10am - 10pm Sat and 10am - 7pm Sun.

I will probably be there Saturday at 10am. Would anyone like to meet before the show / at the show / after the show? If so where would you like to meet? I was thinking we could meet at Wendy's on Grand Ave, on the west side of the road, inbetween Clackamas St and Halsey. (see upper right corner of the map above. This may work out good as Wendy's usually doesn't open till 11am. What to you guys think?

If I get at least two responses I will post this as a meet.

wekilled
01/26/2005, 09:30 AM
Would be more interested in meeting at the Boeing museum this weekend, even if it is just with a few VXers. My wife is going to school and I have the kids. But hey, I'm the FNG.

--Doug Wekell

kpaske
01/26/2005, 06:51 PM
JAFO -

I'm 90% sure I'll be coming down to the show this weekend. If we can get going early enough, around 10:00 at Wendy's sounds fine (I think it's about a 3 hour drive from Seattle). If anyone else wants to meet, great, if not, at least I'll get to meet one other VXer! :)

JAFO
01/27/2005, 12:45 PM
JAFO -

I'm 90% sure I'll be coming down to the show this weekend. If we can get going early enough, around 10:00 at Wendy's sounds fine (I think it's about a 3 hour drive from Seattle). If anyone else wants to meet, great, if not, at least I'll get to meet one other VXer! :)

kpaske, sure I'll go ahead and post this as a meet. I just did want to post it if I was going to be the only one. :)

Please see the thread below for details:
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=6081