PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Americans sell a VX to the UK?

Fool Otto
12/06/2004, 03:35 AM
I have my VX for sale in AutoTrader and have gotten more than a dozen responses from dealers in the UK (judging by their email addresses). Almost every message states that: they have a customer interested in the vehicle; what condition is it in and what is the lowest price; please send interior pics.

I've also gotten a couple of sketchy sounding offers; "I'll send you a cashier's check for $22,000 (I'm asking $16,500); you send the VX and a check for the difference". Hmm. Delete...

So, have any Americans sold their VX to anyone in the UK? Is it a hassle selling a car to an unknown party and shipping it overseas? Comments? Thanks - Tim

Maugan_VX
12/06/2004, 04:44 AM
The cashiers check offers are scams. A pretty trite one too, suprised it still works as much as it does.

There have been a couple of people looking for a VX over in the UK on here. Just do a search :P

Soulpower
12/06/2004, 02:13 PM
UK cars are 'right hand drives'. For this reason, a few people in the UK got thier VXs from Japan. I dont know if 'left hand drives' like we have here in the US are legal over there. .About the scams, if it sounds fishy, dont bite. When buying or selling a car (or anything for that matter) over the net, always listen to your instincts!

Dallas4u
12/06/2004, 02:17 PM
I just sold my bike through AutoTrader (CycleTrader) and had them contact me a few times regarding someone going through their site to contact me that could be a scammer. Although I didn't receive any correspondence from any of the "cashiers check" or "wire transfer" scammers, it was nice to see them at least let me know about it.

sam
04/04/2005, 02:34 PM
Just read the above notes.....I live in London and sold an Vehicross. The amount of crap that was sent to me through the email was stupid.

THESE ARE SCAMS! DO NOT RESPOND TO THEM!

Anyone selling a Vehicross in teh UK should contact me. I have a list of a few people that would be interested in purchasing one...they keep buging me when they see me driving mine around town!

regards

davidashaw
04/05/2005, 10:13 AM
Hi
I purchased my ebony from the US and had it shipped over to the UK, shipping cost $1450.00 but have to pay import duty and local tax at the docks, so this "could" make the VX expensive over here. There is 1 for sale on e bay in the UK (jap spec) with a dealer at $1500.00 but no takers so far.

sam
04/06/2005, 02:05 PM
where is that one for sale? I couldn't find it. Was it in the UK?

thebear54
04/09/2005, 05:09 AM
Sam,
That VX was on the e-Bay USA site. So far about 6 bids on it. 1997 JDM spec Silver. Looks like a sweet ride if you can get it.
John