PDA

View Full Version : Highway patrol problems

TucsonVX
11/29/2004, 06:17 PM
How many times have the Highway patrol stopped you in your VX,

Two for me one in Arizona the other in Utah no tickets just looking in the glove box, all said I was speeding, 47 in a 45 zone
80 in a 75 mile per hour zone.

drove 1800 miles Utah, arizona, Nevada did not see another vx.

kpaske
11/29/2004, 06:55 PM
I tend to get pulled over about once a year. Almost always get a ticket. Of course, I don't know if it's the VX or if I just have a lead foot - because I got pulled over a few times in my previous vehicle also (a lifted 96 Nissan 4x4) - but before then I hardly ever got pulled over. My previous cars were a lot lower profile though, a 90 Acura Integra for instance. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

WyrreJ
11/29/2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by TucsonVX
no tickets just looking in the glove box

WTF?

Lampster
11/29/2004, 08:59 PM
I've had my VX for almost two years now and have not been pulled over, but my wife has been pulled over driving it. She claims that it just wants to be driven fast, and I would have to agree.:)

thebear54
11/30/2004, 06:08 AM
KNOCK ON WOOD!! "The Boys In Blue" usually wait until I pull in somewhere to check out the ride and then get on with their business. John

SlowPro48
11/30/2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by WyrreJ
WTF?

dreadlocks - they'll do it every time...

Triathlete
11/30/2004, 09:47 AM
Jeff, gotta slow down man!;Dr;

During the major holiday seasons most all law enforcement agencies kick up their DUI enforcment. That entails pulling people over for most all infringements of the law so as to check for the presence of alcohol. Its just their way of keeping all us VXers and our families a little safer for the holidays!:thumbup:

So by the way, how was your trip to Utah?

t2p
11/30/2004, 02:50 PM
The VX may be my friend as far as tickets are concerned ......
primarily because of the gearing, I now drive much slower on the major highways ....... Interstates ........ Turnpike .........
I basically keep the tach between 2500-3000 .........
I'm not afraid to rev an engine - my street bike redlines at 14,000 rpm ...... and I have many years on small bore two strokes ..... still have an RM125 ....... but I just don't like to rev the 3.5 ......

TucsonVX
11/30/2004, 03:14 PM
On the way to Utah for thanksgiving the state legislatures were having a drug enforcment meeting on how to control the drugs from mexico coming through Arizona to Utah, So I think the troopers were looking for any vehical with arizona plates to stop and check. hey the VX could could carry alot LOL

TucsonVX
11/30/2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Triathlete
Jeff, gotta slow down man!;Dr;

During the major holiday seasons most all law enforcement agencies kick up their DUI enforcment. That entails pulling people over for most all infringements of the law so as to check for the presence of alcohol. Its just their way of keeping all us VXers and our families a little safer for the holidays!:thumbup:

So by the way, how was your trip to Utah?

slow down what 2 to 3 miles over the limit.

Chopper
11/30/2004, 05:25 PM
For Wyrre: Here in Fla, the typical stop includes a speech about how horrible it is that sooo many drugs travel on our freeways yada yada yada..." So, you agree with me Mr. X??? ... then you shouldn't mind me just looking around your vehicle a little??" Refuse, and you sit by the road for 2 hours waiting for the dogs and warrant to search to arrive.... agree, and you are on your way in 20 mins.(after you put everything back in and back together) I drive an empty car for just that reason... keeps the twice a year searches to a time minimum. They have never led to a ticket or arrest. THERE IS NO FOURTH AMENDMENT ANY MORE!!! Not in good ol' Florida at any rate.

kpaske
11/30/2004, 05:41 PM
Some local districts in Maryland use that same speech, but I guess they're only bluffing because if you refuse the search they usually let you go. I've done it; it pissed off the young copper to high hell, but he had to let me leave.

WyrreJ
11/30/2004, 09:05 PM
Assuming it is as widespread as it sounds, all it would take is for a few percent of the people to say no and make them do the dance for a few hours and such illegal searches would become impractical.

What kind of judge is issuing groundless warrants like that anyway? THAT guy needs to be behind bars.

Simon Templar
11/30/2004, 10:05 PM
Been shadowed once. No stops.

....sT

Simon Templar
11/30/2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by ruxpin
.............. THERE IS NO FOURTH AMENDMENT ANY MORE!!! Not in good ol' Florida at any rate.

And you find this surprising?

V-Twin hiCROSS
12/02/2004, 06:40 AM
Up until last week, I had not been pulled over or had a ticket in almost 7 years.
I was taking my nephews to the circus, and got stuck at work later than I intended. So I was hauling ***** to pick them up, and Whamo, flashing lights in the rearview. He was very courteous and very efficient at writing my ticket. He said that he didn't want my nephews to be late for the circus. It was pretty funny, because he told me that I needed to "step on it" if we were going to make it downtown on time. The way I look at it, he was just doing his job.
I got pulled over all of the time as a teenager. Usually, I got lucky because they did not do the searches like they do today. I would have been in some deep ***** if they had been searching. Oh to be a carefree kid again!!!

james1_10018
12/02/2004, 12:05 PM
Now listen to this.
I am drivind down going home from shopping make a turn and suddenly I see the red and blue. Find a nice place to park.
The cop comes and asks me for license and registration, which I have.
He goes back to his car comes back and goes around the car.
He finally hands the L and R back then he asks me, "you know why I stopped you ?" I asnwe no , He says "YOU INSPECTION HAS EXPIRED".
PA inspection goes on the windshield, How the F did he see my windshield from the back to stop me ?

Simon Templar
12/02/2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by james1_10018
.....How the F did he see my windshield from the back to stop me ?

He didn't.

crager34
12/03/2004, 04:42 AM
Are inspection records a part of the cars history, that most if not all law enforcement agancies have access to? I'm thinking he ran your plates and seen that it was expired. Again... just a thought, not sure if they have access to those kind of records or not.

james1_10018
12/03/2004, 07:28 AM
I dont believe in Pa inspections are par of the car record that the cops can access to

t2p
12/03/2004, 07:43 AM
easy ........ color .... the color of the inspection sticker .......
but wait ........ from the back ......... hmmm ..........
???
the (registration) sticker on the license plate may have helped .....
???

james1_10018
12/03/2004, 07:46 AM
the sticket is on the windshield and we were on a single lane route and he was behind me. Yes the color of the sticker

geshaw30
12/03/2004, 11:59 AM
I don't have access to the exp date of your inspection sticker on my MDI (computer).
________
Www****tube.com (http://www.****tube.com/)