PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Auto Insurance

Navigator
11/29/2004, 04:19 PM
Rates look great... has anyone tried Progressive Auto Insurance? If so, is their service great like their rates?

Ldub
11/29/2004, 04:50 PM
I compared rates with my current provider (State Farm) a couple of years ago & Progressive was higher. Of course all situations are different & that was then & so on. My .o2

Ldub

driver3
11/29/2004, 04:50 PM
I have it.. best rates for me by far.

I'm also biased.. I work for them in the IT dept... no discounts but I still carry based on the rates.. and they have the best service...

I will say that I "shop around" every renewal but I can't find one cheaper for me.... and my record is great..

Tone
11/29/2004, 04:55 PM
I'm with USAA and get great rates with a ticket every few years. To qualify for this insurance, you simply have to have anyone in your family be current or ex military. They also send dividend checks almost every year if they pay out less than they take in. Don't know about Progressive but they sure have a LOT of Explorers running around with their name on them....

carabo
11/29/2004, 05:21 PM
Liberty Mutual has been good for me ,2 cars 2 motorcycles still cheaper than most people w/single car /good driver discount helps :luck:

TucsonVX
11/29/2004, 06:13 PM
Have progressive policy, 1000 per year, Work group has a policy has 854 per year will be getting it next year.

kpaske
11/29/2004, 07:02 PM
I've got USAA also. Their rates used to be the best, until I got a few tickets (and a couple of claims). For a few years my rates got hiked up a bit and I got dropped from their "Premium" service (the one that pays dividends). I could have done better with Progressive or another budget company, but I think USAA's service is far superior. They are a great company for all their services, including banking and investing as well as all types of insurance. Now that my driving record has been good for a little while my rates have dropped down fairly low again, but I have to avoid any tickets for 3 years before I'm eligible for the premium services again.

Francesco Rizzo
11/29/2004, 09:44 PM
when it comes to cost, you get what your paying for. In regards to auto insurance, it's how far they bend and reshape your truck back into place and/or oem vs. aftermarket parts replacement. A buddy of mine works for an auto shop, and tells the horror stories of progressive ordering cars to be fixed despite the damages. They also replace with aftermarket instead of factory. Allstate is what I have and they do the same, horror stories alike. State farm however does factory parts and makes an effort in repairing the vehicles from what I've heard, but you'll pay a higher premium unless you get lucky somehow.

This is my take on it though. How many places can you find "aftermarket" parts for our trucks.. There are no interchangeble body parts with other vehicles from what I can tell so companies like progressive and allstate don't really have a substatute for the isuzu factory parts... except a lot of bondo and in-shop body work that they may go for instead of junking the car. They kinda figure this in too because the Vehicross has a high parts/theft rating like closer to a porche, like 26 or something. Anyway, be sure to ask about the repair policies when dealing with accidents. They will brag about eom/factory if they use it.

Simon Templar
11/30/2004, 10:28 PM
Currently have my VX, all my other cars, and my house with State Farm. Probably one of the worst insurance companies I have ever dealt with. Their word cannot be trusted. Their agents cannot be relied upon.

I strongly urge anyone considering them to rethink the endeavour. I know I am bailing out when this term is over.

....sT

WormGod
12/01/2004, 08:09 AM
Dunno if it helps any, but I am a high risk driver on with State Farm Insurance. I have 7 points (8 and I am suspended), and I am still insured. After going through mandatory driver safety and awareness courses, I got the MVA (and court) off my butt, and this pleased State Farm. They did NOT raise my rates, but actually LOWERED them. With my record, I pay roughly $1,100 a year.

Dallas4u
12/01/2004, 08:27 AM
Ah hell... I may as well chime in. I've been with State Farm for around 8 years, and my wife as been with them since she started driving. Her parents have been with them for around 20 something years. Maybe that's why our rates are somewhat low, I don't know, but I paid around $1000/yr. for just about the highest covereage they had. I've had one speeding ticket in the past 7 or so years (on my record... took DD in Texas a couple times, though), and I'm 30, so I'm past the hump of ins. financial burden.

They have always been awesome, and I've had things like mysterious bumps on the hood and marks from being egged claimed as vandalism with no problems.

thedutchguy
12/01/2004, 08:35 AM
Hello Dallas!;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy; ;Dy;