PDA

View Full Version : weekend 4x4 trip

AlaskaVX
11/29/2004, 03:46 PM
Here is a link to the trail report with lots of pics of the trip.
Ft. Rich trail ride (http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=4495&page=1&pp=10)

First time I took it out on a trail ride since getting my lift and tires on. Got a few scratches, took a tiny bit of plastic off the front going through the ice, but I got to pull out a Rubicon and another Jeep so it was well worth it. Can't wait to go on more trail rides with these guys (local 4x4 group).

Cyrk
11/29/2004, 03:51 PM
Looks like FUN... great pics, your VX is looking Bad Azz!

Ldub
11/29/2004, 03:59 PM
Hey Ak.VX,

Great pics,e-z to see the VX outclassed evetang else on the trail:p
One question though, since you did the lift & larger tires, how much of a decrease in acceleration would you estimate?(percentage-wise) I'm considering going larger, but would really hate losing the gains in acceleration since the s/c+intake install.
Thanks for any info.

Ldub

AlaskaVX
11/29/2004, 04:19 PM
It still has some great power and get up and go but had more before the tires (obviously). I would say it would be a nose ahead of a stock VX? Not sure though as I haven't been able to go to the track or race anyone with all the ice/snow. I will have 1/4 mile times come summer time but until then it is a little too slick to really get on it. It still corners pretty well and hasn't felt tipsy at all.

I can say that gas millage has taken a real plunge, I am seeing about 10 miles to the gallon. We were on the trail for 5 hours and my tank barely went below Full, filled up right before we went and covered 20 miles of trail. After it drops past full it start to drop pretty fast.

I am extremely happy with what I have now, but I am really into offroading over street racing. If the Isuzu community can get some 4.77 or 4.88 gears made then this would be a real quick (<15.5 second 1/4 mile) do it all offroader.

marximus
11/29/2004, 10:36 PM
limk doesnt work:(

VXcaver
11/30/2004, 03:13 PM
AlaskaVX, thanks for sharing this. That image of your truck in the water with the tires spinning, steam coming off of it... one of the best VehiCross photos ever. Got a kick out of some of the other comments, too:

Who makes them VX thingees? Never seen/heard of them.

and

Damn that vehicross thing is weird lookin, I hadn't seen one before and I'm not sure what to think about it. From the front it kinda looks like the head of python or something, it's different alright ;Dy;

AlaskaVX
11/30/2004, 03:42 PM
I have to say this was my favorite quote.

I must say that the VX impressed the ***** out of me today... and the sound of that engine... it's enough to make you :cry:
And yes this pic is already my desktop background! :thumbup:
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/160423/original/IMG_0040.jpg

Maugan_VX
11/30/2004, 05:45 PM
I'd get that smoking problem looked at ;)

looks like fun!