PDA

View Full Version : VX shocks

GOVEHIX
11/25/2004, 12:28 AM
how you guys feel about VX's shocks?? mine shakes so hard even on streets and i can't imagine how bad it's gonna be off road.
has anyone here ever change their vx's shocks??
and how do you think of the Rancho RS9000X 9-way adjustable shocks?? it's it good?
http://www.gorancho.com/Flash_RS9000X.stm

SPAZZ
11/25/2004, 01:20 AM
the stock front shocks are awesome...and very comfy offroad...the rear shocks need to be firm...and I mean EXTRA FIRM!!!! trust me...with the coils in the rear and soft shocks make the streets bouncy in the rear, but offroad it make it even worse. the stock VX rear shocks are a waste and way too soft. I kept the front stock VX shocks and went with Doetsch Tec extra extra firm dual reservoir nitrogen shocks and much more travel than the stock ones.

if you don't want your stock shocks give em to me, please.

driver3
11/25/2004, 11:23 AM
Hey spazz.. how much and where did you get the shocks you are referring to?

SPAZZ
11/25/2004, 12:49 PM
they are located near San Diego, California in El Cajon, California.

they make shocks custom to your needs. part number DT9163...but ask for the dual reservoir nitrogen ones and EXTRA EXTRA FIRMS!!!!!!!!

deermagnet
11/25/2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by GOVEHIX
has anyone here ever change their vx's shocks??
and how do you think of the Rancho RS9000X 9-way adjustable shocks?? it's it good?

They're better than good. They're great, IMO. I've had the Rancho's on for over 1.5 years and I still love 'em. If you're looking for a nice comfortable ride, these will work for you. I'm sure you'll find a setting you like. I keep mine on seven all around. There's a ton of shock info on this site if you have the time to scroll thru all the searched threads. Knowing what I know now, the stock shocks would've been replaced before my VX hit 500 miles. Most other VX owners like these shocks also, some do not.

Mark Griffin

Chopper
11/25/2004, 03:08 PM
No issues with the stock shocks...seem fine for the roads around here... very little roll, dive, or squat. Little firmer rear would be ok, (with fatter roll bars) but I never go offroad...Can't imagine heavy offroading wouldn't require a different setup

t2p
11/26/2004, 07:02 AM
GOVEHIX ........
sounds like your OEM's are shot ........