PDA

View Full Version : Rear View Mirror Mount

TechnoPope
11/24/2004, 09:43 AM
I want to mount my mirror higher on the windshield so I contacted St. Charles Isuzu to purchase a second mounting block. I learned from Merlin that the parts diagram indicates our mirrors are ceiling mounted so no mounting block is available (I tried to attach the parts diagram). He knows this is incorrect and will research it further. In the meantime, has anyone purchased a replacement mirror from Isuzu and found this to be true/false about the replacement mirror? Is there an aftermarket mounting block that fits the VX rear view mirror? Alternatively, is there a safe way to detach the existing mounting block from the windshield? I have had windshields replaced before but never noticed whether the old mounting block was recycled or replaced. Thanks in advance for your input.

Tone
11/24/2004, 11:28 AM
Go to any windshield place and they will sell your or attach a new Isuzu puck for $5 or so. Removal of the old one can be done but I wouldn't risk breaking the windshield for a small part which will still be hidden by the mirror when raised.