PDA

View Full Version : Infiniti FX 45

thedutchguy
11/24/2004, 08:47 AM
Has anyone on the forum driven a FX 45?
I saw one yesterday! Damn what a sound!
Really liked it's appearance as well.
Iwould like to hear your experiences/opinions.

Cyrk
11/24/2004, 08:53 AM
I test drove a 35, loved it... great power and looks...

I test drove a bunch of suvs awhile back you can see here:
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2043&highlight=FX

Anita
11/24/2004, 08:54 AM
Test drove a 45, loved it!! That would be my second car choice.

VX crazy
11/24/2004, 09:10 AM
I was a PASSENGER in a test drive! Great ride, I would not take offroad though....

Anita
11/24/2004, 09:29 AM
Lisa,

Thats why you keep your VX! I honestly dont think anyone would look at much less pay for a FX with thoughts of thrashing it off roading. Youre right though...it's not made for that ;Db;

transio
11/24/2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Anita
thrashing it off roading. Youre right though...it's not made for that Forgive me for being a bit argumentative, but what's the point of having an SUV if it can't go offroading? Get a sedan or a wagon - they have better handling and aerodynamics.

Dallas4u
11/24/2004, 03:15 PM
I think the FX line might be considered more "crossover" than SUV or wagon... you know, like a wallaroo? :p

Anita
11/24/2004, 04:38 PM
Transio,

I never considered it an SUV. Hence, my comment about not off-roading it. ;Dr;

Chopper
11/24/2004, 05:23 PM
We put the right front together on a 45 about 3 months ago. Since the suspension was involved, a driveability test( after bolting everything back together and doing the alignment) was called for. Typically a 10 min. deal ... this one took a bit longer:naughty: :naughty: Nice car! Like the cartoon look-nice and firm, good,linear steering,(might downgrade the tires to 18's tho-the twenties have a tendency to "track") Lot's of toss around factor here. The inside seems small compared to the BIG exterior,but I drive alone so that isn't a factor. Lovely suspension...never a doubt about what your wheels are doing>BUT it's big and you know it...Love a Nissan engine, and this thing is strong,I want more!... and a damn manual tranny! For the bang for the buck factor, I still gotta go with the Subie sport wagon. If you drive at more than 5 tenths...but less than 7 tenths,and need a backpack on your sports car, this one might be you. If every day is LeMans...this ain't the one.

transio
11/24/2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Anita
I never considered it an SUV. Hence, my comment about not off-roading it. ;Dr; Oh, I didn't mean you specifically... but Americans generally. Infiniti markets it as a S²UV (sport squared... cute). Considering that it's built on a G35 subframe, I see it as a big, tall, heavy car (as I see many so-called SUVs these days). I myself just don't get it. I guess it fits some people's needs.... or maybe America is just SUV crazy. It's like we took the long, wide tanks of the 60s and 70s and squished them into big fat SUVs. The bigger and uglier the better.

Jolly Roger VX'er
11/25/2004, 05:24 AM
I guess I see the VX as a crossover vehicle in that it emulates a sports car but is genetically a full-framed, truck-based SUV that leans in this direction hence giving it great off-road abilities.

I guess I see the FX as a crossover vehicle in that it emulates a sports car but is genetically a unibody construction that leans in this direction hence giving it greater on-road abilities on par with its other "car" siblings of both Nissan and Infinity. Road & Track said behind the wheel of the FX was virtually indistingishable from driving the Nissan Z. I mean...if you're a family man and the "Z" is impractical for you to own...then perhaps the FX gives you what you need?

I haven't test drove an FX yet...but suspect that I would like to own both the VX and FX and have "all" the bases covered!

P.S.---The FX has alot of neat bells & whistles already installed!
GPS, backup camera, keyless entry (you walk up and it "senses" you as the owner and unlocks and turns on lights with no key necessary to start engine and I believe sets mirrors & seats if you are not the last driver.)

thedutchguy
11/25/2004, 08:08 AM
The Looks sure work for me !
Titanium valves in the engine, probably a lot of HP potential!

http://media6.motorcities.com/03B0K493589275D.jpeg

http://catalog.boloto.ru/foto/b/infiniti-fx45_01!.jpg

Chopper
11/25/2004, 02:29 PM
Something like 330 BHP in the 45, stock, the 35 is maybe 50 or so less. Pretty good, but another 100 would be welcome.

Chopper
11/25/2004, 02:37 PM
Forget the Infinity...check out the new CLS55 AMG. 469bhp-516ft./lbs and a pretty face.WOW