PDA

View Full Version : how many inches do i need?

spitfire5454
11/20/2004, 12:23 AM
Basically, im getting 30x11.50 thornbirds on stock rims. I think stock tires were around 29.7x9.8, so this really isnt an increase in hight. I was just wondering if a coil spacer (to level) and tbar cranks would give me enough turning clearance for the increase in width? i dont want to get new springs or trim. How high do yall think im gonna need to go. Thanks.

By the way, i just put 5% limo tint all around (except winshield, obviously!). It looks soooo sweeeeet. The only problem is i cant see a damn thing at night! Oh well, i guess its a minor trade off :)

thedutchguy
11/20/2004, 05:36 AM
7 inches or more?
(I heard that in a song once);Dy;

Tone
11/20/2004, 07:21 AM
They will fit fine - I ran that exact setup my first year in Moab - front lip trimmed a little but no tbar action. Carefull on wet roads as those tires don't grip real well there but are an agressive looking tire for sure! They also flat spot when parked over nite so in the morning you will swear they are square until you drive a few miles.

I too have limo tint all around (actually <3% transmission according to a Trooper's tintometer!) and I have to roll the windows down at nite or rely on the rear camera for lane changes (which works quite well). But a black vehicle with black windows looks baaaaaddddd.

SPAZZ
11/20/2004, 10:15 AM
I just changed from my 32x11.5x17 Super Swampers to GoodYear MTR 305 70 17's...I think that is like 34 by 12.5 or really close. They look awesome. you should go with bigger tires!!!