PDA

View Full Version : 3D VX Model

BritVX
11/18/2004, 04:44 AM
Can anyone help, I want to contact the guy who was doing the 3D model of the VX. His excellent model was posted before the last site crash.

Col

Cyrk
11/18/2004, 06:52 AM
I know that Wormgod was working on one...

gary.noonan@gmail.com

VCrossfan
11/18/2004, 07:22 AM
That is tough...Very nice sig...Cyrk

WormGod
11/19/2004, 08:15 AM
I think there were a couple of us here making models. I havent touched my model in nearly a year since work is keeping me busy though.

Be glad to help out any way I can though.

BritVX
11/22/2004, 05:05 AM
I'm after someone to do a colaboration.
Next summer I'm going to remove the roof, leaving a bodywork roll bar for cosmetics and then strengthen the body with a cage. I'd seen a 3D model posted on the site somewhere and I was hoping it could be adapted to include a cage which I could then do a Finite Element Analysis on to check strength and change where required. My aim is to have a fully worked out model before I actually start chopping metal.

If this is of interest as a project please post back

Col

WormGod
11/22/2004, 08:27 AM
Thats a whole lot more work than you think. That involves modeling interior as well. I never had plans on doing all that. :(

BritVX
11/23/2004, 04:53 AM
I was only looking to model the bits where the cage would contact but have them positionally correct. Contacts being top of windsheild, behind front seats at door height and floor then behind rear seat at floor.
It's the positional accuracy I need.

Col

WormGod
11/23/2004, 08:11 AM
You need more than just a model then. You need the proprietary software that manufacturers use. For precise measurements and angles. Everything I have is played by eye with little to no size and angle detail.

You may need to have your VX inspected by the crew that will do the work so they can figure it out. All I can do is make a pretty car to stick in a video game. :(

Cyrk
11/23/2004, 08:13 AM
All I can do is make a pretty car to stick in a video game.

When oh when can you do this!!! :)

WormGod
11/24/2004, 08:13 AM
As soon as I get fired from getting paid to make video games. :p

Free time my friend, free time.... that is all I need. *sigh*

Spike
11/24/2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Cyrk
When oh when can you do this!!! :)

Just like Duke Nukem Forever ...
'When it's done'

:jump: :clap: