PDA

View Full Version : ** Updated** Switches for add on Foglights and Tailgate Release..

Moncha
02/19/2003, 10:24 PM
Here's a listing of switches for foglights, tailgate release and the "Fuzzy" hole replacement bezel.
The switches are lighted.
The foglight switch has an indicator showing the switch is in use.
The Tailgate release has an indicator light that comes on when the tailgate is ajar.. I'm working on a solution to make it work. It will probably require a second pin switch to be used unless you go without the dome light tie in option.

Fuzzy Hole replacement switch bezel p/n 8-97107-569-0 ($12.26)

Tailgate Release switch (from 95.5-97 Rodeo) p/n 8-97093-960-3 ($41.67)

Foglight switch (from 98-newer Rodeo) p/n 8-97125-279-2 ($18.73)

Block off plates (Switch Blanks) 8-97081-617-1 ($2.04)

I obtained these through St Charles Isuzu (http://isuzu.stcharlesauto.com/parts_department.asp?LINK=Parts&MAIN=parts_department) But you can get them from any Isuzu parts source.

Edit... Updated....Here is a link to a line drawing showing the terminal patterns for the switches..

Terminal Pattern (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1882&size=big&papass=&sort=1)

Edit......The new way to connect these will afford the internal light to be dimmed.. Surprize to me that Isuzu uses a variable ground to dim the dashlights.
The pin to the pin switch on the Tail Gate release switch is for a second pin switch to control the indicator contained within the switch, showing if the read door is ajar. You can connect it to either door jamb switch but the indicator will light when any door is opened.

Bantan
02/20/2003, 08:59 AM
How about some pics of what these switches look like installed, if anyone has them? I am interested to know more about the "Fuzzy Hole replacement switch bezel" and what combination works from the list you provided. My ideal application would be three lighted swithes to fit into the fuzzy hole side by side in a row (factory look):
1st for Exterior neon lights
2nd for Fog Lights
3rd for Rear door Popper (preferably with a cover that you lift/flip up, so I won't accidentally press the button)

I believe this senario has been explored/discussed before, But I am getting closer to that point of my modding and need a refresher Crash course.

Thanks All
Mercer

BTW how about a "Turbo Boost" button:homer:

Moncha
02/20/2003, 09:36 AM
I don't have mine installed yet but, I'll have 3 foglight switches in the fuzzy hole I'll be moving the cruise control switch up in one of the blanks by the alarm light and putting the tailgate switch in it's place.

I'll be posting more as I get to it..

IsuZOOM
04/07/2003, 10:14 AM
Are there any pics of this bezel / factory switches?

Moncha
04/07/2003, 10:26 AM
Sure, I'll take them tonite after work and get them up for you..

IsuZOOM
04/10/2003, 07:48 PM
(What happened to my reply from the 7th?)

I have also seen a heated seats icon on an Isuzu switch, I think a Trooper? I'm going to add a switch for the backup cam, I wonder what would be the best graphic for that...

Anyway, any luck getting the pics yet?

IsuZOOM
04/13/2003, 03:46 PM
Just found a good pic in the gallery:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1160&papass=&sort=4

I think I'm going to leave the fuzzy hole alone, because I already have two spots for a switch - on the dash near the cruise control switch, and on center console near the side mirror heater switch. I assume those are the same switches right?

Moncha
04/13/2003, 03:54 PM
That is correct.. Sorry I just have to have a bout 10 to 15 minutes to sit still at home and get this done.. I put my foglight switch in the replacement bezel and will move my cruise control switch up the the blank above it to make room for my tailgate switch. That way it'll be all by itself and less likely to be hit by accident.

I'll work on the pics tonite... These 4 12 hour shifts per week of mine are getting old! Especially, when I do and extra 25-30 hours of overtime. No time to play with my friends:waab:

IsuZOOM
04/13/2003, 04:07 PM
Do you know of any other switch graphics other than the mentioned tailgate and foglight switches? I'm trying to find something that might be appropriate for the camera switch.

Moncha
04/13/2003, 04:38 PM
Probably what you'll need to do is make your own. Soak the switch cover (As long as it is a lit switch) in brake fluid to get the original paint off. They are just clear plastic painted over with black. Using a very fine material likethe stuff the make signs with. I used bright yellow to cut some stickers out. Make your design with an exacto knife and the apply it to the area of the switch. Make sure it's down really well then spray over it and let dry.. Mess it up? do it again.. The switch face comes off pretty easily then snaps right back on..

Moncha
04/13/2003, 09:30 PM
Here Randy...

Tonka
04/13/2003, 10:10 PM
Where are we to put the Hotwheel VX? ;)

Oil slick, smokescreen, and missile buttons would be great for those blanks! My friend had them on his Audi. Never gave me show though.

paultvx
04/13/2003, 11:14 PM
I'd like to hook up a neon sign to one of those switches. The neon would be hung on the rear window to flip off tailgaters.

What is it about the VX's *** that just says "stick close"?

I've never been tailgated so much before with other cars.

WyrreJ
04/14/2003, 06:39 PM
How about using one of those as a replacement for the top brake-light. Instead of just flashing like Tone's mod it could actually tell the people, "I am stopping, you better slow down too!"

paultvx
04/14/2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by WyrreJ
How about using one of those as a replacement for the top brake-light. Instead of just flashing like Tone's mod it could actually tell the people, "I am stopping, you better slow down too!"

Huh? There's a switch for that already. If you press on the brake pedal very lightly you can activate the brake light without engaging the brake systems. Cars are designed that way for the very same reason you mentioned.

Getting back on topic... if you go to arts and crafts stores you can probably find a adhesive stencil film (photo frisket). With a really sharp blade and steady hand, you might be able to make a nice stencil to mask off the symbol you want... however, it's probably best if you keep it as simple as possible.

Moncha
05/30/2003, 09:10 PM
Bump for update on info in Post #1 (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?postid=2960#post2960)

andy454
05/31/2003, 03:18 PM
The axiom has a switch for the fog lights that fits our blank. Not sure of the part# but if you guys want I can get it and get some prices on them. Perhaps I can get them at a discount if there are enough people that want them.

Moncha
05/31/2003, 03:35 PM
I need at least 2 more if they match the switch in this thread (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?postid=5282#post5282).
If not, then I'd have to take 3 of them.

zadam123
05/31/2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Moncha
Here Randy...

Am i reading this right
is this a picture of

Fuzzy Hole replacement switch bezel p/n 8-97107-569-0 ($12.26)

Tailgate Release switch (from 95.5-97 Rodeo) p/n 8-97093-960-3 ($41.67)

Foglight switch (from 98-newer Rodeo) p/n 8-97125-279-2 ($18.73)

Block off plates (Switch Blanks) 8-97081-617-1 ($2.04)

Adam

Moncha
05/31/2003, 07:27 PM
Yup.

zadam123
06/01/2003, 06:09 AM
Thank you, is there anyway you have a pick of the back of the switches, just want to see what kind of conections they have. also wondering why the door switch is so much more than the others? is it just in a name?

adam

Moncha
06/01/2003, 07:08 AM
Adam, I'll have dig around and see if I still have pics of the backs.. I'm not sure if I do though. Here's a link to a schematic (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1882&size=big&papass=&sort=1) that I did to show hook ups. The pins are small, I used crimped down .101 female spade terminals for the connections then used hot glue to make a sort of a plug to keep them in alignment.
I'm not sure why the tailgate switch is more than the rest, it's just a momentary switch with the back light in it and an on indicator. Works very well though. I put mine in and love it! With the dash off I rearranged my switches on the right side and put the tailgate release in place of the cruise control. I have access to it from both sides of the truck and it's by itself to avoid accidentally activating it.

zadam123
06/01/2003, 09:18 AM
Moncha

the reason i am asking is i have 3 switches in the fuzzy hole now i got from autozone but i definatlay like the look here better. I have these switches set up for my fog lights and 2 other neon lights in the car. all these switches are the same and have 3 pins in the back. How may pins are in the back of your switches, also are all 4 switches in the pick the same in back?

thanks
adam

Moncha
06/01/2003, 12:12 PM
You need to look at the schematic in my above post.. Each labled black line equals a pin. There are 5 pins on each switch but not in the same pattern. Each pin is desribed and I show where to hook them up to make them work correctly. There only 2 switches in the pic (The ones on the top), the others on the left (Without markings) are switch blanks (Block Off Plates).

ojmagg
07/11/2003, 07:58 PM
I went out and found a tail gate release switch at a local junkyard ($5!)...tonight I went through the process of wiring up...no luck...I followed Scott's wiring diagram...double and triple checked...power, ground, relay, defroster, defroster...my old switch that came w/ my popper kit was working just before I cut the wires...it is the same relay wire as was hooked up to the old momentary switch, right? The old switch had power and a relay lead going to it. My relay has 5 wires coming off it...one lead goes to power...one lead goes to nothing...one to the switch...one to the solinoid...one to ground. I don't have the ground that goes to the pin switch hooked up yet...it that just for the light on the tailgate release switch?

Moncha
07/13/2003, 07:50 PM
If you did the wiring like mine, there is 2 pin switches. 1 for the dome light/alarm hood up. 1 for the open indicator on the switch.

Where did you take your power lead from?

PM me and I'll be glad to help out..

IsuZOOM
07/13/2003, 08:46 PM
Scott - you mentioned using brake fluid to take the white paint off the switches. Did that work for you? I tried it and it didn't do a thing for me!

paultvx
07/13/2003, 10:45 PM
The white paint is not the part you want to take off. Take a closer look at the swtiches especially the hazard button. The red or white is the base color of the plastic. The icon or symbol is the part that's masked off. Then the rest of the button is painted black. If you want to make your own symbol, you'll have to take off the black paint, make a positive mask of the symbol you want and then repaint with black.

IsuZOOM
07/14/2003, 08:22 AM
Aha! Thanks for the info :)