PDA

View Full Version : Option button on remote

RobVX
02/19/2003, 07:39 PM
The owner's manual regarding the keyless security system describes the "option" button on the remote as follows:
"Activates the optional Garage Door Opener accessory
(contact your Izuzu dealer for more info.)"

Does anyone know anything about this optional garage door opener accessory? Any use contacting the dealer?

SPAZZ
02/19/2003, 07:45 PM
The optional button is only usable if you purchase the remote module from Isuzu. If you purchase it, it fits in your vehicle in a hidden location and then they program the optional button to open your gargae on the same frequency.

-x-
02/20/2003, 12:57 PM
...no way to get an auto-start type feature w/tha option button huh? :sighb2:

Radiologue
02/20/2003, 03:02 PM
I have the optional garage door opener. It is a very simplistic module that is wired into the garage door button inside your garage. It simply acts as if you are pressing the garage door button inside your garage after you program the module to sense the optional button on your alarm key. The module does not go inside the VX.

I don't think you could use it for much of anything else.

Joe_Black
02/20/2003, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the FYI Radiologue! How is the module powered in the garage? Battery, 110V or from the opener? Depending on this the module probably provides an output that could operate something from a relay, say like the popper solenoid or even remote start. You'd just wire it into your VX rather that the garage. Just my .02c!

RobVX
02/20/2003, 09:04 PM
Hey thanks for the info. Radiologue, did you get your opener module through a dealer? If so, which one; in case my local dealer gives me the blank stare (which is highly probable); and how much was it?

Rob

Radiologue
02/20/2003, 10:23 PM
The garage door opener cost $107.45 (plus tax) new from the dealer.
Part #: 2-90101-730-0 (at least that's what it says on my ticket)
It looks like it's worth about 5 bucks.

It wires right into the garage opener button in your garage. You just unscrew the button/panel on the wall and attach two wires, program the module, and put back the button/panel and you are done. I don't know a damn thing about electrical wiring other than it was extremely simple.

Radiologue
02/20/2003, 10:25 PM
by the way

I went to Bob Howard Automall in Edmond, OK to get the garage door opener.