PDA

View Full Version : Fun With Scammers

Leah
11/08/2004, 11:09 PM
Okay, so I checked out the VX Scam thread and found that this fellow has been running this scam for some time. So, I am trading emails with him playing with his greedy little mind. Below are the emails I have traded so far:

Me:
Can you please send me the VIN# for this truck. We are very interested in this truck as we already own a 1999 Ironman. Where is this vehicle located? We are in the Florida panhandle. Will you really take $5000 for it? If so, please add us to your pre-approved bidder/buyer list. You can check our feedback. It is 100% positive. Please let us know how to get on your list. Has it been wrecked or is it a salvage vehicle? Please send the VIN# ASAP so we can put our bid in.

Him:
Hi,
I am glad to hear that you are interested about my car.The price is 5000usd.The car is in perfect conditions without any scratches,damages or other mechanical problems.I will ship the car via LUFTHANSA AIRPLANE CARGO Service on my expence.The car has a Clear Title wich you will receive it with the car.It can be registerd into your name.He will receive the TITLE,keys,owner manual...,the car has no finance outstanding and is clear with certificate.Im in the U.S.Army (lieutenant), and here in base on United Kingdom, i have here a mission for 2 years.So i want to sell my car because here in UK most cars have steering wheel on right side and is very dificullt to drive this amazing car.I took care of it like it was my own baby and now is in the same condition as it was when I bought it - even better! I hope you understand this situation.I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate.This deal will happen through EBAY. So if you really want it please give me an email as soon as possible.
Thank you!
Bidding is restricted since I am carefull with my auction, so none will press the button until I have the assurance that he will buy it:Here is the vin# JACCN57X917D00502

(For an Army Lieutenant, he English not so all right, eh?)
Me:
Thank you very much. My husband is in the Air Force and stationed at Eglin AFB. He is on his way home from work right now. I will give him the info and we will get back to you within an hour. Again, thank you! By the way, what regiment are you with and which base are you at?

Him:
I guess you know how things works in army ,this information is confidential.Thanks or understanding.

(Aww, he's so sweet. Looks like he needs to go through basic training again, though.)
Me:
Did you remove the item from ebay? I just went to have another look at the truck and got the message that the item is unavailable.

(Two hours later I still hadn't heard from him, so...)

Me:
John, my husband came home and we are ready to buy. Is the VX still on ebay?

Him (answering promptly!)
The car is still for sale.I decided to stop the auction early because there are many unserious buyers who email me just for fun so nobody will be able to buy the car through ebay.So i want to close the deal with somebody serious and real interested to buy it.On the other hand I vave more than 100 questions from ebay members.So now I will wait for the buyer.This is how we can make this deal happen.When I left the US I deposited 25000 USD at Ebay.I did this because it is very difficult to deal with eBayers and make them feel safe when a long distance is involved.So if anything goes wrong with our deal,even if I doubt it will,you will get a full refund from the deposit I mentioned.Just let me know if you are interested and I will notify EBAY about our deal and they will contact you with the terms.Waiting for your e-mail ASAP

Me (so very disappointed,)
Oh, I'm so sorry. I can't buy it unless it's on Ebay. Any chance that you can repost it?

LOL Wonder how long it will take to hear from him this time. LOL
Him:

AndyC
11/09/2004, 06:58 AM
These people must think everyone is a total moron :rolleyes:

Hello Andy,
Thank you for your mail, but unfortunately,i am not in the country presently so i would not be able to see the YAMAHA GP800 personally but i will be relying on your descriptions in the advert,i also think that your price is ok by me,and i would also be responsible for shipping/pick up.Please let me know if this arrangement is ok with you,I will be issueing a certified cashier cheque to cover the cost of the YAMAHA GP800 as well as the shipping cost as soon as possible,i would like you to cash the cheque,deduct your money and wire the excess funds to my shipper through western union since i already told you i will be taking care of shipping.once my shipper recieves the funds he will contact you as to moving it out of your place as fast as possible and for any other necessary arrangements.he will also be signing any relevant documents on my behalf.if this arrangement is okay with you ,please email me as soon as possible,I will be issueing you a check for $7000.
Hope you're okay with this.I will bet across to you with my shipper's info by then.
Thanks for the cooperation.

N.B: let me have your full name ,contact Address, countrycity,zip code
and phone number so the cheque
can be issued and despatched to you in good time.

Here's another person asking about it
Hello Andy,

You kept we waiting for long before you contacted me back,i already thought maybe some other buyers already got the ski,such a surpi\rise having to read from you again about the ski now.

Anyways,thanks for the picture and also the price.I would have made the paymnent by now and psosibly maybe i would have had my shipper pickjed it upi for onward del;ivery to my country home here in londonm if i had heard from you since ,but fortunetalky enough,i have a firm who is to pay me some money this week by money order in pennsylvania,i will have them send you the payment,though they owe me more than yor sking price ,all you have to do after you get the paymnent is deduct your askign price and send the balance back to my shipper through westernunion as i would instruct you then.

sop,please when getting back to ,let me have your details possibly before the end of the day ,so that i can have it faxed to the frim to make the money payable in your name to make things easier,so i would need your name as it should appear on the money order and your address to which it would be mailed to.So try getting back to me at your earl;iest convenience.

Best regards,

Leah
11/09/2004, 03:14 PM
LOL How very sad. I sure hope no one is falling for this garbage these days.