PDA

View Full Version : Dyno charts, you got'm....post'm

jayfotos
11/07/2004, 08:29 PM
I thought it would be fun to start a tread on posting different dyno charts.... share, compare, ask questions......have fun.

So, I'll be the first. On my chart it shows two different runs, both are with a SC, the first run is with a stock airbox and the second is after I put in a intake.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/901hp2.jpg

I did my runs at Dyno-comp in Scottsdale AZ. (www.dynocomp.com) on a four wheel dyno.

http://www.dynocomp.com/images/tuner/dyno_tuner2.jpg

This is my set up with the intake installed.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/901in2.jpg

Does anyone have a stock dyno run of a VX so we can compare to what I just posted?

Thanks- Jay

kinnaq
11/08/2004, 12:17 AM
Hello Jayfotos, cool pics. Can you enlarge the dyno one? or post the before and after specs on your power gains?

Thanks, GPII

jayfotos
11/08/2004, 09:04 AM
Those are before and after, the dotted lines are the new runs.

Red- Tourque
Blue- HP

kinnaq
11/08/2004, 09:49 PM
JayFotos, what I meant was, could you make the picture BIGGER? - my eyes are too old to read that small print. By post I meant and should have said: "type" the info please, (for those of us that can't read a small, low res pic) that's all.

Thanks for the reply.

GPII

jayfotos
11/08/2004, 11:26 PM
Welp, I try and lay it out to better read it.

The #'s running along the bottom are RPM(1500-6000)

The #'s running along the left side are HP(0-500)

The #"s on the right side are tourque(0-500)

The red lines are tourque, my first run(solid red) max is 170 fp @6000 rpm. My second run(dotted red) is aprox 185 fp.

The blue lines are HP to the ground, my first run(solid blue) is aprox 187 hp. My second run(dotted blue) is aprox 210 hp.

What the amazing thing is here is the HP/Tourque off the line on the second run with the new intake.....a jump of 50 HP and 50 fpt!

Hope that helps

kinnaq
11/09/2004, 07:15 AM
Those are amazing results, 50 more hp & tq. Thanks, Jafotos.

GPII

Tone
11/09/2004, 08:17 AM
Great that you could find a 4 wheel dyno - just wish you had made a baseline run BEFORE the SC to be able to compare. Not sure if a 4 wheel dyno has the same 15-20% drive train loss as others or not but would be the best way of measuring what we are putting to the ground. We only have a 2 wheel dyno here but at the track I have lower ETs in 2WD than in 4.

Comparing different Dyno runs on different machines with different sized tires will be difficult. DynoJet is THE standard for measuring HP and TQ AT the wheels where it counts. The DynaPak units measure at the wheel hub and IMO are less valid as they are not testing the vehicle as it sits when on the street. With that disclaimer, it would still be nice to see others scans.

jayfotos
11/09/2004, 09:17 AM
I Know, I hope someone here has a chart for a stocker to compare. With drivetrain loss the guys at Dyno-Comp say it's up to a 40% loss with a AWD car....So, I would like to think I'm pushing 300 Hp.