PDA

View Full Version : Horned headlamp color change

Billyphxaz
11/05/2004, 03:40 PM
Hi guys,
There,s a company I met at the last SEMA show.
They had colored plasma and LED bulbs in different colors.
So I ordered green/blue /purple/orange.
I,ve tried these on the VX and and at dusk they really look cool!!
The company I got them from was in Meas az.
bob@plasmaglow.com

The web site to see the product is at plasmaglow.com

I which mine out every so often just for fun. Later Billy ;eekb;

marximus
11/05/2004, 04:10 PM
i just recieve my blue led wedge bulbs (168) today and just installed them. im waiting for it to get dark here so i can see what they truely look like. from what i can tell now, they are pretty bright.

i also, i got the piaa super white H4 bulbs that are 55-60w but have the intesity of 135w bulbs. they have a blue dot in the middle, so it ties in nicely with the wedge bulbs.

my next move is to replace those ugly yellow fog lights.

marximus
11/05/2004, 04:14 PM
here are the wedge bulbs i purchased.

wedge bulbs (http://www.autobarn.net/pisupledwedb.html)

here are the new headlights i purchased as well. its the secong bulb down.

headlight (http://www.autobarn.net/xxxpiah4.html)

Tone
11/05/2004, 05:58 PM
AutoZone has a great selection of colored lamps (as does HomeDepot) and a new 194 base LED bulb that automatically changes to 7 different colors. They also have a dome light bulb (also LED) that does the same.

OZ VX
11/05/2004, 06:15 PM
I got the led festoon interior bulb almost 12 months ago with the 7 colour changing. The ones I had were not very bright and after a while the 7 colours only become about 2. I would just keep the normal bulb for the interior unless you need to show your car.

The led wedge bulbs are well wicked, but make sure that they have the concave tip on them, not the normal rounded tip like normal bulbs, cause the light points in one direction and doesn't spread. Also look out for the red/blue changing ones.

The undercar LEDS are well worth their money too, much stronger than neons.

At my local car accessory shop (autobarn) we have "light off's" where people come along put lots of neon's, led's, strobe's, smoke machines and anything else we can think off into our cars. it's good cause i dont live in a big city (pop 25,000) and its good having a show after dark, much better atmosphere. It's not just about who has more money, just about how creative you are. I am currently in the process of trying to hook up a laser show to the front of my supra.

marximus
11/05/2004, 09:07 PM
well darn,
as i said i just installed the blue wedge lights, and unknown to me, they are illegal here in WA. low and behold, i just got a ticket about an hour ago. im going to fight it, and hopefully win. the blue LED wedge bulbs are now $120 bulbs!

OZ VX
11/05/2004, 09:54 PM
I bet some trucks get around with blue marker lights.