PDA

View Full Version : Weather striping around headlights

Billyphxaz
11/05/2004, 12:25 PM
Boys,
Whats the best fix? I thought about glueing the factory striping on BUT this may be a mess. I,am sure I can order the striping and does anyone have a price?
Thanks for any tips!!!!!!!! BillyRay

Tyler
11/05/2004, 01:17 PM
Billy,
You can order them thru any Isuzu dealer, I replaced mine and both we $30. Stayed on for about a month and came off again, even after proper prep and install. Took them off and wont put them back on. I dont know what there purpose is for anyway, maybe just for frustration.
Ty

t2p
11/05/2004, 02:28 PM
Billy ............ Tyler ...........
Get some good stuff ....... it will work. Did for me.

3M makes a good product or two ...... can't remember the name at the moment - but a search of this site should reveal it .....
the headlight 'gaskets' ...... or whatever they are known as ....... should have been installed/attached to the underside of the hood (over the headlamp assy) ..... ala the Honda CRV ........... the upper portion at least .........
the idea of putting attaching a flimsy rubber gasket on a smooth surface - with only a few drops of adhesive - was flawed .......

t2p
11/05/2004, 02:30 PM
try this:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4427&highlight=3M

marximus
11/05/2004, 04:04 PM
thanks billy for bringing this up. both of mine came off last week as well, and i have been driving without them. what would be the best adhesive to put them back on?

SGT.BATGUANO
11/06/2004, 01:51 AM
3m super weatherstrip adhesive.

Don't slop it on, a thin bead will do and will avoid cleanup of excess oozing out the sides upon compression.

Tone
11/06/2004, 11:21 AM
Available in yellowish or black - follow the instructions as it needs to dry a bit BEFORE joining the parts and you only get one chance to put it down correctly or you'll have to redo the glue.

nuk
11/07/2004, 12:31 AM
I replaced my headlight weather strip with some that I purchased from JC Whitney , it comes in a 10 foot roll, that's more than enough for both headlights. Go to jcwhitney.com, item #zx810162p, style #4, 3/8 - 5/8, cost $19.99. I do have pics I have to find them.

marximus
11/07/2004, 02:17 PM
thanks for advice! ill check it out, both the 3m glue and the weather stripping from jc.:D