PDA

View Full Version : Shake, Rattle & Roll

skullcap
11/05/2004, 07:00 AM
OK, my black beauty came home from the health-spa (body-shop) after having her left-front-end T-boned by a DC-area driver.

Next, one week after getting it back, the exhaust system was beginning to make more noise than usual. Finally, a crack in a weld of the exhaust system, near the right side fo the engine, opened-up and made a noise that only a Cessna would love.

My insurance company insisted on having the break re-welded, instead of replacing the part. All seems fine, but there is a noticable "click" associated with the exhaust system that wasn't there prior to the wreck.

Worse, there is a very annoying rattle/squeak coming from the left-rear end of my VX.

A week ago, I had her parked on a level surface, and noticed the right rear appeared to be sagging.

I took it back to the body-shop where they made an adjustment to even-out the rear-end, but were unable to locate the source of the noise (heard only while in motion).

The other day, I again, had it parked on a level surface and thought the rear-end, though level, appears a fwe centimeters lower than the front-end.

I'm an ignoramous when it comes to suspension thingies, but know the VX has unique aluminum shocks.

Any thoughts, ideas, or guidance that I can pass-along back to the repair shop (since the collision work has a lifetime warranty), would be most helpful.

SPAZZ
11/05/2004, 04:42 PM
my VX was at ISuzu dealer for a month and a half getting an engine issue "fixed" as they called it. I got it back and went to Moab shortly after. I swore I could hear an exhaust leak but wanted to ignore that possiblity, until at Moab...Tone and some other VX'ers notified me of what they heard.

well...I went to Colorado (home) to see family and then headed back to Moab before the last day of wheeling and the exhaust pipe broke off at the manifold. Isuzu was of no help and said "can you get your VX close to Denver, Phoenix, or Salt Lake?"...I said are you high.....my EXHAUST MANIFOLD IS BROKE OFF 2 INCHES AWAY FROM THE MANIFOLD...FIX MY TRUCK.

that didn't work either. o, I had a local bodyshop weld it back on. Went back to Sandiego and saw the dealer there...which said I had "modified the exhaust pipe now, because I had someone weld it back together":mad:

I wanted to rip that guys throat out...anyways...so, then I rolled it and the same thig happens..both times I had it welded and both times it brooke off again. Then I moved to Idaho and it happened here shortly after arrival. Had it fixed and billed to the last body shop. I am just waiting for it to happen again.

Bottom line, any jarring off the VX relates to exaust problems which need the thing replaced, not welded..if it breaks off.