PDA

View Full Version : Best Acc. Lights?

marximus
10/31/2004, 09:09 PM
well here is the deal, i want the Hella Rallye 4000 lights, but i dont think that they will fit on the westin light bar(it says will fit up to 6" diameter and the 4000 are 9"), so what is a solution for this? it looks as though the lights might fit behind the top bar on the light bar, so will they fit anyhow? is there another way to mount them on the light bar?

my second question is just what you guys think on my light preference?

and thirdly, is there another light bar that fits the VX besides the westin?

lets get a good thread going, so put down what accessory lights you have or like or both...

Hotsauce
11/01/2004, 02:53 AM
I have 2 sets of Eagle Eye HID, and one set of Hella Micro DE HID. The Rally 4000 are nice, I've seen them on, but they aren't more light. They use the same D2S capsule. The bigger lens and reflector of the 4000 will give a more precise pattern though.

The Rally 4000 is a highly recognisable high dollar item to bolt to the outside of your truck. Depending on the neighborhood they won't last long.

John C.

marximus
11/04/2004, 02:12 PM
oh, but they will last long. check this out...i reccomend it to ya.
light locks (https://www.expeditionexchange.com/barrinut/)

it pretty nifty to keep the theifs of my lights.

Tone
11/05/2004, 06:04 PM
There is no other light bar at this time for the VX other than a CARR that goes behind the front license plate and has 'wings' that extend on either side for lights - I have one I'll make you a deal on....

Some have put the larger diameter lights on the Westin by using a flat piece of flat iron between the standard lighting tabs or welding new ones on.

I prefer the PIAA 520 6" lamps as they really compliment the VX's lines without being too much.

marximus
11/05/2004, 09:02 PM
yeah, ive seen that carr wing thingy. how much does that run usually? also is it the chrome or polished alumunum? thanks for the light suggestion, ill check them out on line.