PDA

View Full Version : Awesome brakes save the day

ctp
10/31/2004, 11:55 AM
Just driving through town today, with my 3 year old son in the back of the good ol' VX. I'm doing about 35mph and out of nowhere some jack-@#$ pulls out in front of me. I hit the brakes and honestly couldn't believe how short I stopped. I was kind of in awe. I would have thought it would have been twice as far.

On a side bar, the guy who pulled out in front of me had 3 small kids in his car, including a very small child (rearward facing car seat) in the front. He should be a fan of the VX now too.

SGT.BATGUANO
11/01/2004, 12:43 AM
He was probably p%ssed at you for interrupting his cell phone conversation.;)

SPAZZ
11/01/2004, 02:58 AM
sounds like the guy I almost ran over that was driving a Corrola. I just got off work and was driving home, the speed limit was 35 and I was going 35...I came to an intersection and he made a right turn at his redlight directly in front of me just as I entered the intersection.

I almost seriously found out if my winch bumper would make him my crumple zone. His windows were all fogged over and it seemed as though he just kind of slowly just went for the direction he wanted and hoped he wouldn't get hit...he had washington license plates....and um probably a DOD sticker on the front windshield. I honked and drove by yelling at him and ...um...gesturing ...kindly for the almost close call...to which he acted like he had no idea why I would be angry and violent.

Some peoples children should be knocked up side the head and the milk sold, Serious!!!!