PDA

View Full Version : Alarm problem

00BlackVX
10/31/2004, 09:41 AM
yesterday i had a overhead Tv installed in my wife 2000 VX and now the alarm will not work it just make one long beep sound. They had to remove the overhead dome light to install the tv would this effect the alarm? they told me to take it to the dealership and they would foot the bill ,but If someone on here can tell me how to fix it I would greatly appricate it. then I can take it back to the people who installed it and have them fix it

also what does everyone use to clean and wax there vehical?
I do not want to discolor her vehicross so I thought I would ask what is the best stuff to use

Thanks
Robert

Tone
10/31/2004, 11:44 AM
Most alarms monitor the dome light for intrusion purposes. The VX will also make that long tone if you try to arm it with one or more doors not completely shut which then tells the dome light to dim and go out as the alarm is set. I’d make the place that installed the screen put back that expensive dome light either behind or infront of your new screen and the problem should go away. Or does the new screen have it’s own dome light? If so, it is just wired incorrectly and they still need to be the ones to fix it.

ameetw
10/31/2004, 03:36 PM
Hi, Are you interested in parting with the dome light. If yes, How much.

Thanks.

Ameet

00BlackVX
11/02/2004, 10:18 AM
I dont think we will sell the dome light , but thanks for asking. I still have not got the alarm fixed yet

Thank for all your help on this

Tone
11/02/2004, 10:49 AM
Dome light from St Charles is less than $40