PDA

View Full Version : Left or Right?

Bill Brown
10/31/2004, 09:06 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/billbrown/VX/fixed.JPG
Do you favor the Left or the Right? :homer:
BTW, my VX's political bumper stickers come off after the election is decided.

transio
10/31/2004, 01:03 PM
I'm ambidextrous. :p

Bill Brown
10/31/2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by transio
I'm ambidextrous. :p
I knew that one was coming. :laugho:

WyrreJ
10/31/2004, 01:13 PM
I tell you what, I'm looking for decal of a pair of scissors to stick on my VX. Around here, seems almost every car has got a ribbon decal of one sort or another, bunch of sheeple.

PS - if you don't live in a swing state (aka, your vote won't count anyway because the overwhelming majority are going to vote either dem or pub) consider voting for a third party candidate. Doesn't matter which one, just as long as it is not one of the two faces of the same coin that is bush and kerry.

Heck, even if you are in a swing state, go and vote third party. Maybe it will help so that next time we'll have real choice.

Raque Thomas
10/31/2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Bill Brown
http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/billbrown/VX/fixed.JPG
Do you favor the Left or the Right? :homer:

Do I want to be RIGHT or LEFT? - seems the same as asking if I want to be RIGHT or WRONG. Maybe there's a reason the right is called right??? OK, now I've done it - let the flaming begin!!

Bill Brown
10/31/2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Raque Thomas
Do I want to be RIGHT or LEFT? - seems the same as asking if I want to be RIGHT or WRONG. Maybe there's a reason the right is called right??? OK, now I've done it - let the flaming begin!!
Alright, another Kerry supporter! ...or did you mean that other, right, as in the left of the photo? :bgwo:

Raque Thomas
10/31/2004, 06:51 PM
Ummm...last time I checked, right was identified with the Republicans, and left was the democrats. So, RIGHT would make me a Bush supporter, and WRONG (I mean Left, of course!) would make me a Kerry supporter. HOWEVER...this is all in fun - you be whatever you want to be, I'll vote my way, and you vote your way (notice how different that is than the Democrat way??)

Bill Brown
10/31/2004, 09:21 PM
Yep, I was just having a bit of fun with a couple aspects of the post, the boring red Chevy P/U with the Bush and anti-Kerry stickers on the left and my kewl VX with the Kerry and anti-Bush stickers on the right. I wasn't out to begin any serious political exchange. (All VXes are kewl.) :thumbup:

dutchie
11/01/2004, 02:39 AM
Mmm so how do you call somebody who's in the middle, you kinda someone who loves his guns, but only shoots environmental friendly clay pigeons? A democan? republicat?

Dallas4u
11/01/2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by dutchie
Mmm so how do you call somebody who's in the middle, you kinda someone who loves his guns, but only shoots environmental friendly clay pigeons? A democan? republicat?

A free thinker. ;)

Joe_Black
11/01/2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
A free thinker. ;)

Yea and verily brother, yea and verily. :thumbup:

tomdietrying
11/01/2004, 12:46 PM
I vote for the best person for the job. This time around it happens to be the Lefty.
Peace.
Tom

Bill Brown
11/01/2004, 12:54 PM
Oh boy, this gets into another taboo discussion area to avoid, religion. Freethinker=atheist
http://church.freethought.org/whatis.html

transio
11/01/2004, 01:01 PM
I don't see how an atheist is any more of a freethinker than a theist. An atheist believes that there is not a god. Absolutely, without question or doubt. IMO, that's closed-mindedness. The true free-thinkers are the agnostics! ;)

PS - Pic in your first post isn't working.

Dallas4u
11/01/2004, 01:37 PM
I don't see how an atheist is any more of a freethinker than a theist. An atheist believes that there is not a god. Absolutely, without question or doubt. IMO, that's closed-mindedness. The true free-thinkers are the agnostics! ;)

I agree as I am agnostic, but if being an atheist is closed-minded, then would believing in a god be closed-minded as well? I would have to say... yes, but I try to stay out of heated discussion of politics or religion.

transio
11/01/2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
would believing in a god be closed-minded as well? The theist would argue that his open-mindedness is what affords him his transcendental knowledge. :)

Bill Brown
11/01/2004, 06:23 PM
I don't know what the deal is, why some folks can't see the photo. I wanted to show the owner of the Chevy (a coworker) the post. But on his work PC, instead of the photo all he could get was the Anglefire logo. I uploaded the image file on the Anglefire server. The photo appears fine on my home PC and my work PC. :confused:

WyrreJ
11/01/2004, 09:34 PM
Probably has to do with cookies and/or http referrer.
I have the problem of not being able to view it myself.
So I right clicked on it and chose "view image" (this is firefox, I'm sure internet exploder has something similar). Then, when only the image was displayed, I forced a reload by holding down shift and clicking the reload button, I think IE does the same by holding down control when you hit reload. After that, the image was loaded correctly (probably because forcing the reload "tricks" anglefire into thinking that you are viewing the image embedded in an anglefire page, complete with revenue-generating advertisements).