PDA

View Full Version : fuel filter

Chopper
10/30/2004, 12:03 PM
Does anyone know where the fuel cutoff inertia switch is ? Gonna change the fuel filter this weekend. Thank You-----Wayne

kpaske
10/30/2004, 03:31 PM
I believe there is another threat about this. You just clamp off either end with vice grips (unless you have cat-like reflexes like Spazz).

xdfarrx
10/30/2004, 04:55 PM
Golf tees to plug the lines... Pull the fuse for the fuel system, followed by running the car till it stalls. If perchance it throws a code, rest the ECU by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. This will prevent any excessive loss of fuel.

Hope this helps...

SGT.BATGUANO
11/01/2004, 12:25 AM
I asked andy454 (an isuzu employee) if we had a cutoff, a while ago. He never gave me a firm answer and I've never seen any reference to one on our trucks, so I don't think we have one.

Joe_Black
11/01/2004, 05:22 AM
Golf tees or forceps work great and make for a quick 'n' easy fuel filter change, but for reference the inertia switch is located underneath the console directly beneath the armrest and is mounted to the rear of the e-brake pivot assembly.

VCrossfan
11/01/2004, 05:49 AM
I just changed my Filter and Theres a bleeder valve on the fuelrail on top of the motor on the drivers side. I stuffed a rag under and around the valve and pressed the inner seat and relieved the pressure. And removing the filter the golf tee sounds like a good idea (I used 2 needle nose vise grips) because gravity kicks in. Have a nice day all.....

Chopper
11/01/2004, 10:44 AM
Thanx Joe, I don't golf so it would have taken longer to go buy the tees than to pull the armrest off, unplug the switch, run the system dry, and swap the filter. Start to finish...15-20 mins. Spend longer than that in line at WallyWorld here in Geritol City FLA. .;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr;

SGT.BATGUANO
11/02/2004, 02:38 AM
Joe,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the research I've done indicates that the g-sensor under the console is for the abs and/or srs.

I don't think it applies to a fuel cutoff.

Joe_Black
11/02/2004, 05:14 AM
You are correct SGT., my mistake. Don't know what got me thinking that was a rollover/fuel shut off, must have something around here that has one there and looks like our G-sensor. :mbrasd:

After going intently through the manuals I can find no indication of an electronic fuel shut-off, just a rollover fuel shutoff valve on the tank.

Here's the ABS G-sensor (item #3) as located beneath the center console:

Chopper
11/02/2004, 02:46 PM
Pulled the pressure under the hood Never did find an inertia switch... thought that was a law or standard saftey stuff on all cars in this country

SGT.BATGUANO
11/03/2004, 01:09 AM
Maybe it is ...for cars