PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a WRX STi?

autox-racer
10/29/2004, 02:01 PM
I have been eyeing the Subaru WRX Sti and wondered if any other VX'rs have one?

What are your impressions?
Pros and cons?

morgan-tec
10/29/2004, 03:49 PM
I do not own one but i have worked on a few. I like them, very fun to drive, fast, and easy to hop up. With a few bolt ons you can really get some hp out of them. I am talkin liek 400+hp at the tires. If i was in the market for a car like that i would definatly go for the WRX over say the EVO. Just me 2 cents.

MZ-N10
10/29/2004, 05:17 PM
when i was shopin for a car a year back i was lookin at a sti/evo, test drove both of them. i would have bought one if i didnt love the vx since 99. like morgan-tec said the car is fast and fun to drive. i personally like teh sti over the evo cause it had more power and torque. but the new evo mr is about to hit the dealerships later this year or next, just like a regular evo, but lighter with an aulmi roof and i think with a more aggressive suspensio set up, estimated retail price for 36k.

oh yea a little fyi...the sti in america and the sti in japan have different engines, americans get the ej25 and the japanese get the ej20, because of something about the japanese wanted it to have the same engine as the rally car, which is the same motor as a reg wrx.
________
How to roll a blunt (http://howtorollablunt.net/)

geshaw30
10/29/2004, 07:49 PM
My youngest son has one. Fastest little car I ever been in. Would give my new police crusier a run for it's money.
________
Uggs (http://uggstoreshop.com/)

Green Dragon
10/30/2004, 06:35 AM
Everything you need to know about Subaru.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/archive/index.php/

Bob F

transio
10/30/2004, 08:00 AM
Love the performance figures, but I could never coax myself into buying and driving something that ugly. :)

Dallas4u
10/30/2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by transio
...but I could never coax myself into buying and driving something that ugly. :)

Funny. I've actually heard that form someone talking about the VX, too. Designs that run astray from the norm always cause emotion, one way or another. I love the Impreza WRX/STi. For all it has and doesn't have it doesn't try or claim to be anything more.

Chopper
10/30/2004, 11:58 AM
check the sport wagon box--- WRX performance, den mother stealth ...a very good thing

BaM*BaM
10/30/2004, 12:38 PM
Subaru WRX Sti

ZOOM, ZOOM, ZOOM
. http://www.users.qwest.net/~pempem/wrc.gif

autox-racer
10/31/2004, 02:54 PM
After reading several sites about the STi, i think i will keep my eyes open for a good deal on a used one. 300hp stock and 350-400 within reach for another 2k in parts i cant pass that up :)

Joe_Black
10/31/2004, 07:29 PM
Running the rallycross down here just exposes me to all sorts of Scooby action and the STi is rather impressive. As for looks though, I've always been partial to the earlier bug-eye WRX. The STi is a much different vehicle than the original WRX. Heavier at over 3000 lbs. and a lot more powerful. If you want bargain performance take a look at the 2-door RS. They can be had for a very reasonable price ($4K -$6K) and you can stuff all the same performance suspension and drivetrain bits in there as well.

WormGod
11/01/2004, 07:50 AM
Nope, but my ex g/f has one. I ran the crap out of it. It even scared me, haha. It drove VERY solid, felt very safe, and really felt like a reliable automobile.

Problems? Well, interior was deathly ugly. Patterned cloth seats were hideous.

No radio installed in STi. Your favorite tunes better sound like engine and road noise.

The oversized wing/bookshelf on the back is completely worthless for a production vehicle. I think the WRXs look much nicer without this trunk spoiler anyways.

Engine noise is rather annoying. For a tiny car and such a beefy engine, the whining of the power will eventually drive you insane. (install a stereo!)

Anyways, it was still nice enough that I would get one, had I the loot. And think about it.... it's a 4 door! It's sporty and beefy and can still make a family man happy. ;)

Chopper
11/01/2004, 11:03 AM
made this family man very happy---problem was it made the wife and kids dump their lunches. Not a vehicle that encourages responsible motoring(and precious little is needed to encourage me to drive in an irresponsible manner) Even the stupid dog puked;puke: :freek: :freek: Extra points for power slides in the elementary school bus circle at drop off time in the morning.

MrCrowley
11/01/2004, 11:31 AM
It is extremely potent and versatile. I am planning to get one sometime. Want more reading? www.imprezawrxsti.com

thedutchguy
11/02/2004, 01:22 PM
49 of those cars for sale at the link below.

Need help shipping?

http://www.mobile.de/cgi-bin/searchPublic.pl?new=1&bereich=pkw&category=1100&sprache=1
(press marke, click subaru, fill in wrx sti under model and press suche starten)

volume311
11/02/2004, 09:21 PM
Check out the Legacy 2.5GT, similar drive train 250/250 on hp/tq and only a 5spd no 6spd. Very nice car if you are not in to the "boy racer, I'm grown image". I drove one at a Subaru sponsored event, and that thing hauls some major ***.

MrCrowley
11/03/2004, 10:18 AM
They also have the Forester XT that has the same engine, and the Baja Turbo. This new engine seems to be pretty robust. I worked at a dealership for 4 months between jobs, of course I only made $700.00 as I am too honest. These new scoobies are great, though.