PDA

View Full Version : Your help appreciated

Steve
10/28/2004, 03:41 PM
Hi all. I am due to view a VX this coming Monday (one of the very few in the UK) and wondered if anyone has any advice on what problem areas, if any, i should be looking out for.

The car is a japanese import, manufactured in '97 but not registered 'till '99. It has 70k miles on it. The fuel tank was converted 2 yrs ago to take both unleaded and LPG fuel. Also the cladding has been colour-coded silver to match the bodywork, does anyone know if that was a factory option on the jap cars? Erm...i think that's it.

Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

dutchie
10/28/2004, 04:15 PM
There were three completely silver VX's made, well I mean silver coloured and silver painted cladding, they are recognizable by their black oem wheels and leather upholstery.
If yours doesn't have these trademarks, it's a "self painted one".
By a converted tank you mean, an extra tank for the lpg right?

Check the front rotors (Jap version ones need to be replaced quicker:confused: )
Check if the monitor works in reverse.
For more not Jap version specific VX problems I'd like to refer to the serarch option.

Good luck!

David Wiltshire
10/29/2004, 02:48 AM
Hi Steve,
If you need to look at a second example I live just the other side of Petersfield, I am also thinking of selling mine its metallic blue low miles and near perfect. If you want to send an e-mail I can give you my phone number.
Best regards,
David Wiltshire.

thedutchguy
10/29/2004, 06:55 AM
would love to hear more from the LPG conversion!!!!!!!

Steve
10/29/2004, 11:58 AM
The only info i have on the fuel tank at the moment is that the existing tank has been converted to take 20 litres of petrol and 50 litres of LPG. You can then switch between the 2 on the fly.

David i am definately interested in seeing your VX. I have sent you an email with my phone number, if you could get in touch asap that would be great. Would there be any chance of getting to see it this weekend?

Thanks for the info so far guys. :)

David Wiltshire
10/29/2004, 12:36 PM
Hi Steve,
No problem, I live about 45 minutes from Woking just off the A3 I will give you a call to confirm directions.
Best regards
David Wiltshire

thedutchguy
11/02/2004, 05:57 AM
any new info on that LPG yet?

Steve
11/02/2004, 12:01 PM
Sorry Dutch no more info on the LPG. Reason is......i have bought David Wiltshire's VX, going this weekend to pick it up...can hardly contain myself :)

Didn't bother viewing the other VX as Davids is such a nice example, low miles and very well cared for so no contest really.

If you're reading this David i promise to look after her!!

MrCrowley
11/02/2004, 12:20 PM
Did anyone ask the LPG owner if he would post on this website? Im sure lots of inquiring minds would like to see how its done. Good luck w/ the new ride!

Steve
11/02/2004, 12:41 PM
The LPG converted VX belongs to a promotions company. They use it as a marketing tool, well that's what they told me....the pics i saw had several fit young ladies posing in and around the car. Not sure what they were promoting but it distracted me from the car for a sec ;eekr;

Anyway the tank had already been converted when they bought the car, so i'm afraid any more info remains a mystery.