PDA

View Full Version : I Got It!!!

V12BMW
10/25/2004, 09:16 PM
Hello, ya'll I got my 01 ebony VX, Sat Oct 23rd. HEHE I LOVE IT! The dealership I bought it from sucked took me da*n near three hours to get the paper work done, dont know why I had a check ready for them and they knew I was coming two days in advance. On top of that they didnt give me a owners manual, a cigarette lighter, or a full tank of gas. One of those three things whould have been nice seeing that i traveled 375 miles to get there, and was 5 hours late for work. To me the dealer should spring for the cost of a cig lighter, manual, and gas right? Why should the buyer have to purchase that stuff? I would have not bought the VX from that dealer (thats how piss off i was with the service) but then I would have gone on a 750 mile circle for nothing. Anyway I got the truck now, and took it off-road 2 twice already and I have had it, for only two days ;eeko; HEHE!! I've replaced the stock headlamp bulbs with Cool Blue Bulbs from Silvania (<---you've Gotta do this). Next Mod will be the Hella Micro DE Xenon Kit and/or replacement Winter Windsheild Wiper Blades. Then, replace ugly yellow reflectors with auxilery Xenon light dont know what company supplys those though? Help me out if you know of any. I was so excited I went to autozone and blew almost 200 dollars on car care products for my new lil baby. I'm happy to have you guys here for tips and conversation talk to you soon. TOM

Ldub
10/25/2004, 10:02 PM
CONGRATS!

Hope you enjoy your VX as much as the rest of us.

Ldub;Dr; :D ;Db;

Anita
10/25/2004, 10:16 PM
Be sure to check the great mods you can buy from VX owners and contributors to this site. Great products!

Tone at www.ToneMonday.com
Ron at www.VehicrossConcepts.com

Welcome to the Family!

XCross69
10/26/2004, 06:25 AM
Congrats!!!

When I bought mine the dealer bought a whole new jack set, and the cigarette lighter assembly because it too was missing the lighter part. What I didn't get was a tank of gas!

I would think you could have got those things out of your dealer..

Welcome, enjoy the ride, its going to be fun!

transio
10/26/2004, 07:25 AM
Congrats on your VX!

I flew up to Chicago for mine. The dealer (Northfield BMW I think they're called) had the paperwork already done. After I fully inspected the vehicle to my satisfaction, I handed them my check, signed a couple papers, and walked out w/ my VX!

ISCE
10/26/2004, 08:50 AM
I guess I got lucky, I not only got the full tank of gas, they gave me a voucher for TWO more full free fill-ups.

Jay

ocwiley
10/26/2004, 09:48 AM
good choice in color! mine was missing the antenna when it was delivered to me, however it only took 1 phone call to get one Fed ex to me!
I think i might hold the record for purchased distance! I bought mine from a baltimore,MD
dealer that i found online. one of the last new ones left in the US. Had it delivered to scottsdale AZ via semi-truck, where i picked it up at mom's house and drove it to Long Beach,CA to put it on a boat (ship) to get it to honolulu then barge it to Kailua-Kona (big island) where it now sits in my garage! (':dance:')
and yes i do take it out every now and again to terrorize the kids!

aloha,
ocwiley

jimbo
10/26/2004, 10:02 AM
Wow! That probably is a record. Your VX made its way over 1/2 way back to Japan.

I thought my adventure of driving from Philly to Boston to get mine showed quite a lot of dedication.

You're a great example of the lengths people will go to to get their hands on one of these vehicles.

Maugan_VX
10/26/2004, 12:02 PM
Nazrat bought his in Portland (or seattle, I can't remember) and drove it back to Virginia.

Soulpower
10/26/2004, 01:08 PM
Congrats!!! I especially know how difficult it is to find the right VX. I'm still in the hunt for that 2001 Ebony w/ red interior and low miles (been looking for several months now). Most of the ones i've seen have way too high mileage, are too beatup, and plus the price is just not right. After all the pricing advice i got from this forum, i'ld be stupid to pay $20 000 for a VX with 30 000 miles.

Dallas4u
10/26/2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Maugan_VX
Nazrat bought his in Portland (or seattle, I can't remember) and drove it back to Virginia.

Portland... not that it's a big difference, only 180 miles between them. Portland to Virginia... that's a long ***** drive!!!

drdavidr4u
10/26/2004, 03:00 PM
I guess I had the easiest purchase of all!
A big 15 min drive , dropped the $500.00 deposit on sight and bought it a few days later!
Could not believe that they even had one....
A mint 2001 VX....for $18,000.00 with 15,000 miles....I felt like it was a steal!

BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR VX!!!!!

OFF ROADING?.....I'm afraid to mess mine up!!!!!

StormTROOPER
10/26/2004, 03:34 PM
Congrats, it's been over 2 years and I still fell the same way about this special lil truck. ENJOY :D

AlaskaVX
10/26/2004, 04:05 PM
When I bought mine Nov. 2001 no one (so said Isuzu) could get one, there was only 1 in town. I think they blew me off since I was only 20, haha but I showed them! I searched ebay and got mine for $22,200 with 14,000 miles I still think I got a great deal. Drove it home from St. Louis to Anchorage, 3,500 miles? I now only owe $11,500 on a SCed 2001 (soon to be lifted) Ironman with 66,000 miles and I know it's worth more then that! I still look back at my VX everyday 3 years later. Congrats on the new VX! I think I now have added about $8,500 worth of stuff onto my car, beware of the addiction.

Chopper
10/27/2004, 06:50 PM
congrats,and welcome. I agree with AlaskaVX... years later, I still look back each and every time I get out and walk away. Enjoy..... hope it's good to you

marximus
10/28/2004, 07:39 PM
Hooray for Ebay!
thats where i got mine as well. it was a 2000 with 67,000 miles on it, and i got it for 11,800 plus 800 shipping from chicago. it is flawless besides some rust on undercarrage from salted roaded in chicago. does anyone know if there is anything you can do about this? i have been told you can have the it tarred to stop rusting. any suggestions?
thanks,
-mark

jimbo
10/29/2004, 07:31 AM
I got mine from ebay also.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels the need to turn and look as I walk away from my VX. Sometimes I feel silly. ;)

Maugan_VX
10/29/2004, 09:18 AM
remove the rust and then use some POR-15.

I'm told thats what the restoration hotrod guys use on their once-upon-a-time rust buckets.

marximus
10/29/2004, 11:07 PM
Hey,
Thanks for that info. i checked it out online. looks like its what i want, but i have another question... what is the best way to remove the rust? Pressure washer? or is it...please no...lots of elbow grease?
thanks